Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The 2022 NFL Draft Thread

Anyone but Malik Willis. Will ruin the draft for me. Also will lose faith in our staff that they know how to evaluate.

I swear if it?s a DT I?m gonna have a panic attack. Malik Willis I?m done for the weekend lol.

Last edited:
I'm not going to shit talk the player cause I don't know anything about him but curious that they'd take another DE.

Time to put my champagne away. Save it for another day.

Agree . The more defense the better. Why not Dean ? I'm on the radio was he still available?

Yuck. Please tell me how you're going to play 8 DEs and 0 lbs. This pisses me of more than the doubling up of DTs lol. So fucking idiotic.

SCOUTING REPORT BY DANNY KELLY
Paschal is built like a brick shithouse, with a thick, muscled-up frame and a stout, power-generating lower half. A former four-star prospect out of Olney, Maryland, he played five seasons at Kentucky, but missed most of the 2018 season after being diagnosed with cancer (malignant melanoma). He came back strong in 2019 and finished his career with 52 games and 37 starts under his belt. He was a three-year captain for the Wildcats, filling up the stat sheet to the tune of 138 tackles, 36.0 TFL, 13.5 sacks, 12 quarterback hurries, three forced fumbles, and three blocked kicks in his time there. He finished strong in 2021, racking up 5.5 sacks and 15.5 TFL while earning AP First-Team All-SEC honors.

Paschal lines up at multiple spots on the defensive front and plays with hair-on-fire effort every snap. He uses his punch to shock opponents and set the tone. He has extremely strong hands, utilizing ferocious push-pull and snatch moves against aggressive offensive linemen to get them lunging. He?s got a good arm-over swim move as well. He fights his way into the pocket when lined up on the interior and flashes the versatility to be utilized as a sub-package interior rusher at the next level.

Paschal sets a hard edge against the run and keeps his eyes in the backfield. He stacks blockers, drops his anchor, then times when to shed his opponent, jumping into rush lanes or corralling a running back when he runs by. He chases down quarterbacks and ballcarriers and has athleticism to string runs out to the outside. He?s very tough to move off his spot; tight ends tasked with blocking this guy don?t stand a chance. He simply overwhelms opponents with pure power.

Paschal lacks height and length and is not a twitchy mover in space. He?s more of a power-based end than a speed rusher and is a bit stiff when he changes direction. If he can?t expand on his interior rushing skills, he may end up as an early-down run-game enforcer only.

You just paid romeo and harris lol.... you're not going to play them? Bench Hutch? Meanwhile we trot out giving Jarod davis and Chris board at lb.... stupid decisions.

Everyone on espn radio draft show said it was a good pick. Dean must br hated by Everyone.

We?re not picking again for 50 picks. I?m thinking Holmes had to secure the guy he wanted.

Not much of a need, nor BPA IMO

A bit baffled, but we'll see how it works out.

SCOUTING REPORT BY DANNY KELLY
Paschal is built like a brick shithouse, with a thick, muscled-up frame and a stout, power-generating lower half. A former four-star prospect out of Olney, Maryland, he played five seasons at Kentucky, but missed most of the 2018 season after being diagnosed with cancer (malignant melanoma). He came back strong in 2019 and finished his career with 52 games and 37 starts under his belt. He was a three-year captain for the Wildcats, filling up the stat sheet to the tune of 138 tackles, 36.0 TFL, 13.5 sacks, 12 quarterback hurries, three forced fumbles, and three blocked kicks in his time there. He finished strong in 2021, racking up 5.5 sacks and 15.5 TFL while earning AP First-Team All-SEC honors.

Paschal lines up at multiple spots on the defensive front and plays with hair-on-fire effort every snap. He uses his punch to shock opponents and set the tone. He has extremely strong hands, utilizing ferocious push-pull and snatch moves against aggressive offensive linemen to get them lunging. He?s got a good arm-over swim move as well. He fights his way into the pocket when lined up on the interior and flashes the versatility to be utilized as a sub-package interior rusher at the next level.

Paschal sets a hard edge against the run and keeps his eyes in the backfield. He stacks blockers, drops his anchor, then times when to shed his opponent, jumping into rush lanes or corralling a running back when he runs by. He chases down quarterbacks and ballcarriers and has athleticism to string runs out to the outside. He?s very tough to move off his spot; tight ends tasked with blocking this guy don?t stand a chance. He simply overwhelms opponents with pure power.

Paschal lacks height and length and is not a twitchy mover in space. He?s more of a power-based end than a speed rusher and is a bit stiff when he changes direction. If he can?t expand on his interior rushing skills, he may end up as an early-down run-game enforcer only.

Short version.... he's Austin bryant. Big body... makes no plays. 13 sacks in 3 years...yippie.

Back