Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The anger is real....

With slay most likely out, Brady is going to light us up.

Slay went out of the game last week with a pretty severe hit to the head. I didn't think he would come back into the game, but he did. My guess is they probably let him back in concussed. He never went into the protocol and was more susceptible to a concussion this week. I wouldn't be surprised if he misses several weeks.

They talking about CTE on 60 mins now
Maybe football should just go away
As life long lion fans we get no joy from it anyway

Last edited:
I will be enjoying the bye week.

I’m no longer planning my sundays around the lions and already signed up for a 5k on Oct 7th

Lions now only if there isn’t anything that looks better to do
Screw this franchise they make me way to miserable

Last edited:
They talking about CTE on 60 mins now
Maybe football should just go away
As life long lion fans we get no joy from it anyway

This is me. No more football now that the CTE danger is so plainly clear. If they can somehow change the rules to make it safe, then maybe I would watch again. But that seems like a tall order and it would change the gameplay so much that the end product may no longer be worth watching or playing.

It's hard to watch all of these head-to-head collisions every week and know in the back of my mind that each hit is like rolling the dice on getting CTE in the future. You roll enough dice, the outcome is pretty clear.

This is me. No more football now that the CTE danger is so plainly clear. If they can somehow change the rules to make it safe, then maybe I would watch again. But that seems like a tall order and it would change the gameplay so much that the end product may no longer be worth watching or playing.

It's hard to watch all of these head-to-head collisions every week and know in the back of my mind that each hit is like rolling the dice on getting CTE in the future. You roll enough dice, the outcome is pretty clear.

they know the risk...let them play if they want

I?m no longer planning my sundays around the lions and already signed up for a 5k on Oct 7th

Lions now only if there isn?t anything that looks better to do
Screw this franchise they make me way to miserable

Next week is the late game at night ? Unless you are going to a movie or something not much to do on Sunday night.

There's still 14 games left. A lot can happen. Am I annoyed with what I've seen the last two weeks? Of course. But 2 games don't define a season. Remember how awful the Saints D was the first part of last season? Patricia's D in New England same thing. They tightened up the rest of the way...Saints were 4 seconds away from NFC Championship, New England went to Super Bowl. Give it until the halfway point to push the panic button. Not yet.

There's still 14 games left. A lot can happen. Am I annoyed with what I've seen the last two weeks? Of course. But 2 games don't define a season. Remember how awful the Saints D was the first part of last season? Patricia's D in New England same thing. They tightened up the rest of the way...Saints were 4 seconds away from NFC Championship, New England went to Super Bowl. Give it until the halfway point to push the panic button. Not yet.

Yeah maybe we will get a miracle starting with a 50-47 ot thriller over the Pats !!!

Yeah maybe we will get a miracle starting with a 50-47 ot thriller over the Pats !!!

That?s what I?m counting on.

I mean, it?s not like it?s the same old Lions starting out at 0-2, right?

It?s a completely different Lions team, finally, after all these years, who just happen to be starting out, once again, at 0-2.

NE doesn't lose multiple games in a row with Brady. We losing this game.. It's rare they do.

I can't see our defense turning it around.

0-3 ...the suck is real.

Unfortunately, you?re right. Though I don?t believe it will be a blowout. 35-31 NE. We will lose it our trademark way....fall behind 28-3or something like that and fight back in the 2nd half....eventually having a chance to tie or take the lead before we blow it.

Unfortunately, you?re right. Though I don?t believe it will be a blowout. 35-31 NE. We will lose it our trademark way....fall behind 28-3or something like that and fight back in the 2nd half....eventually having a chance to tie or take the lead before we blow it.

Or NE wins 61-3.

Back