Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

"The Blind Side" subject sues his "foster parents"

Michchamp

Link:
Oher claimed in court documents that Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy convinced him to sign conservatorship documents in 2004 by falsely telling him that the legal action was "for all intents and purposes, an adoption." Court documents state that Oher signed the documents at 18 after being a foster child for years.

The conservatorship has allowed the Tuhoys to financially benefit from Oher's image and likeness, he alleges in the petition, and "reap millions of dollars" off of the Oscar-nominated movie about Oher, while he "received nothing."
I saw the movie... it was mildly entertaining, but also REALLY heavy with the sort of moralizing crap that you know is most likely bullshit. The world doesn't work the way Right-wing suburban Christians in Tennessee claim it does.

Link:
Oher claimed in court documents that Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy convinced him to sign conservatorship documents in 2004 by falsely telling him that the legal action was "for all intents and purposes, an adoption." Court documents state that Oher signed the documents at 18 after being a foster child for years.

The conservatorship has allowed the Tuhoys to financially benefit from Oher's image and likeness, he alleges in the petition, and "reap millions of dollars" off of the Oscar-nominated movie about Oher, while he "received nothing."
I saw the movie... it was mildly entertaining, but also REALLY heavy with the sort of moralizing crap that you know is most likely bullshit. The world doesn't work the way Right-wing suburban Christians in Tennessee claim it does.

Sandy Bullock?s character came off as a total pistol packin? MILF.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gn5uF...gdGhlIGJsaW5kIHNpZGUgaSdtIGFsd2F5cyBwYWNraW4=

Yeah, like I was watching the movie with no expectations and after a while, it was like I was watching a script written by a Fox News bot.

Could be.

Sandra won the Academy Award though.

Not sure how much the Republitards at Fox News influence the Academy of Motion Pictures and Sciences?but who knows?

I don?t know how big of a story it is elsewhere, but here in LA the Writers Guild and SAG-AFTRA are striking at the the same time since 1960 (AFTRA was not part of SAG back then) when Ronald Reagan was the president of the the Screen Actors Guild and he was was a big old libtard Democratic.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/SmwNhveb7xk

Nope just your Hollywood Dems.
so the movie was adapted from a book written by Michael Lewis, who was high school roommates with the dad.

I've read some of his other books (Liar's Poker, The Big Short, The Fifth Risk). I generally liked him, but he's getting a lot of criticism for this right now, and depending on how the lawsuit plays out, we can say whether it's deserved or not.

Back