Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Iowa vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread (Homecoming Edition)

This offense is not going to be PSU, ND, MSU or OSU. I don't know if it will beat MD and IU. I think it can beat the Illini, but that may be the last win of the season unless something turns this offense around.

Tulane just beat Army with ease....were barely Tulane. Awesome.

Ultimately, Michigan's not that good of a team. Very good defense, god awful offense. It all averages out to an average, middle of the pack B10 team.

There's still a chance to fix it, but it would start with Shea getting benched and seeing what the other guys can do.

drinks, PFFT, these guys are gonna need something a lot harder than booze if they're gonna snap out of this funk on offense.
I just hope Shea thoroughly enjoyed all his time on the golf course over the summer. Really paying off for the team.

This offense is going nowhere with him. Iowa plays Cover 2 on 80%of plays and he had no clue what to do against it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

This offense is not going to be PSU, ND, MSU or OSU. I don't know if it will beat MD and IU. I think it can beat the Illini, but that may be the last win of the season unless something turns this offense around.

Out scoring Maryland could be difficult. I don't see our defense limiting their big play ability.

I won't give any excuses, but the offense should of had at least 20 points against this really good defense. Iowa is straight up built to play this kind of offense, though. They tackle very well. I thought the rb's could of bounced it to the outside a couple times, but ran with their head down way too often. Obviously, need more down field throws. There is no excuse for not using the Bigs. One long throw, one huge completion that led to a TD. Iowa was constantly having their safety cheat up to stop the run. Never took advantage of that. Need to get out of the funk, cuz the D saved their collective asses today. Great win, though. Last time we had 8 sacks, we lost. Work on some things against Illinois and get ready for Happy Valley. We should be in that game, but the offense has to cash in when given its opportunities. I will happily take an ugly win there.

Recap notes from mgo blue. Michigan has a 11 game home winning streak .

https://mgoblue.com/news/2019/10/5/...wreaks-havoc-in-homecoming-win-over-iowa.aspx

Notes

290th game over over 100k.
Series records um leads 42-15-4.
Michigan has won 21 out the last 25 homecoming games.
Harbaugh 5-0 in homecoming games.
Aubrey Thomas recovers his 5th Fumble.
Lavert Hill has 2 int?s on the season and 5 for his career and 20 pass break ups one ahead of Ty Law for 16th place in Michigan history.
Mike Sainristil first career catch.
Collins has 19:game catch streak, and has a catch in 5 of his last 7 games of at least
30 or more yards.

I heard on Fox This is Michigan?s first win over Iowa since 1941 scoring 10 or fewer points.

https://mgoblue.com/news/2019/10/5/football-postgame-notes-michigan-vs-iowa.aspx

Last edited:
Back