Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MICHIGAN vs Utah Score Prediction Thread

TheVictors

So the prodigal son returns to the Kingdom of Bo and all seems a lot more right in the college football world this season than it did this time last year… over the past couple, really. Emerging during the work week in the Land of Milk and Honey, the MICHIGAN SUBMARINE makes its inaugural landing with Harbaugh at the helm at the unlikeliest of places – Rice-Eccles Stadium on a Thursday night. Boasting an 8-4 record in 2014 and including a Week 4 win at MICHIGAN STADIUM; the Utah Utes are no stranger to success against the Wolverines and are in no sense of the term a “cupcake opponent.”

And while Utah may not be in the Upper Echelon of the Pac-12 alongside Oregon, UCLA, Arizona State or USC, they are a Power-5 Conference road opponent and given all the off-season changes and hype in Ann Arbor, an already difficult match up in Week 1 for MICHIGAN just became the marquee early game on the college football calendar.

Utah opens as a Home Favorite, giving 5.5 points to MICHIGAN - which is down on most boards from 6 or 6.5 – and the game’s Over/Under is 46.5 Total Points. Harbaugh! The national media is selling the narrative of “questions at Quarterback” for Michigan but most fans already know that graduate transfer Jake Rudock will lead the team on the field, and that the Defense will likely be the strength of the team in 2015. With an entirely new coaching staff and relatively well stocked depth chart, the only question that remains is how it will look in an actual game.

We get to find out this Thursday night

...and God willing and the creek don’t rise, I will be among those in Maize and Blue at Rice-Eccles for the very first Chapter in the Harbaugh Era at Michigan.

So post your predictions and include some supportive analysis if you wish, but leave the woofing and the barking for other threads.

Go Blue!

[*apologies - I hadn't noticed the other, unofficial thread when posting. My Mom has been in the ICU for a while]

Jim-Harbaugh-michigan.jpg

Last edited:
I just watched the YouTube "highlights" from last year's game. God awful for Michigan. The OL and QB have got to be better, right? Gardner threw some bad ints in that game. D missed tackles giving up extra yards on runs. Well, it is a new year and with the new coach things have got to be better. Utah lost their punt returner that burned Michigan for a TD in last year's game (ending with a Desmond Howard Heisman pose), and also sack leader on D. Still their D is expected to be very good. Michigan's D should be better. The real question is the O. I have never seen Rudock play, so don't know what to expect. If he plays better than Gardner (not much of a bar to reach there) and limits the turnovers Michigan has a chance in this game. With all the turnovers last year Utah was still only able to put up 26 (with a punt return for a TD). They are about a TD favorite and since they are playing at home I'll give them 20. Depending on the O, Michigan will either get 14 or 24. I am expecting 14 but hoping for 24.

GO BLUE!

30-7 Michigan.

Not sure why we had 2 prediction threads. Was surprised not to see Vics first.

26 pts(last year) - 7(no kick return) - 7 (no turnovers) = 12 Utah
10pts(last year) + 7(no turnovers) +7 (harbaugh) = 24 Mich

GO BLUE!

Total speculation: M 30, UTAH 27. Overtime. Utah returns significant offensive production.

Michigan 30
Utah.......20

13 of their points come in the first 20:00 of the game. we roll through the 2nd half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Utah 31
U of M 12

GO BLUE!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back