Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Washington vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION

b311j

OIP.jo_k_SAeEvVbEkaCmXwvAwHaEK

1997/8: They said our defense couldn't handle the Heisman finalist QB and his arsenal of receivers. That one guy on the D was really good but the rest of the secondary would not be able last all day. And here we are. History repeating itself. Ryan Leaf was no Penix. Will Johnson hasnt acheived Woodson level, yet. But its for all the marbles. Who shows up and shows out. Lets hope that history does repeats itself. Except for all of that fucking bullshit Nebraska stuff.

2023/4: Welcome to the National Championship game!!

Lets GoM'FBlue!!!!!!!!!

still waiting for ticket prices to drop.

was not expecting it to still cost $900+ for upper bowl seats at NRG.

Interesting article from Pat Forde on how the two "least talented" teams in the CFP are in the championship:
The 247 Sports ?team talent composite? for 2023 ranks Michigan?s roster No. 14 in the nation based on high school recruiting rankings. It ranks Washington No. 26. Since that team talent metric debuted in 2015 at 247 Sports, every national champion has ranked in the top 10 and all but one (2016 Clemson) ranked in the top six.

The schools that have annually dominated recruiting rankings in recent years? Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State?rank first, second and third in the 247 Sports formula for this season. They?ve also combined to win six of the nine College Football Playoff titles and earn 15 playoff bids. But they?ll all be spectators Monday night.
Boy, no wonder these guys all want Harbaugh gone. Their bag men and local car dealers shelled out all that cash to bring in the best recruits and they're just sitting at home.

Interesting article from Pat Forde on how the two "least talented" teams in the CFP are in the championship:
The 247 Sports ?team talent composite? for 2023 ranks Michigan?s roster No. 14 in the nation based on high school recruiting rankings. It ranks Washington No. 26. Since that team talent metric debuted in 2015 at 247 Sports, every national champion has ranked in the top 10 and all but one (2016 Clemson) ranked in the top six.

The schools that have annually dominated recruiting rankings in recent years? Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State?rank first, second and third in the 247 Sports formula for this season. They?ve also combined to win six of the nine College Football Playoff titles and earn 15 playoff bids. But they?ll all be spectators Monday night.
Boy, no wonder these guys all want Harbaugh gone. Their bag men and local car dealers shelled out all that cash to bring in the best recruits and they're just sitting at home.

Wait. I thought that only MSU knew how to ?coach up? hungry three stars that no one else wanted.

Go Blue!

In the prediction thread, i predicted a throw back to charles woodson and the last national champions with a score of 19-97. Here's my real prediction...

Washington scores first. Throwing the ball all over us and igniting this board into an angry frenzy. JJ and company run the ball well, but passing game is non existent. After the first drive, we slow down their pass game by pressuring penix. 7-0 deficit until toward mid 2nd quarter when JJ starts throwing dimes after figuring out their defense. After that, we start rolling on the ground and the air. Washington gets back into the game in the 4th quarter, but fall short 31-17 JJ MVP with 3td and 300 yards.

I'm really getting tired of this narrative that JJ isn't good and our special teams are our weakness. Have any of these "experts" seen us play?

Wait. I thought that only MSU knew how to ?coach up? hungry three stars that no one else wanted.

John L. Smith or Mark Dantonio or Mel Tucker or John C. Smith has his guys laser-focused and locked-in. They've all bought in to the program. Exciting things are happening in East Lansing. Watch out. They're not just taking things to the next level... they're taking things to levels you previously thought did not exist.

MSU fans: "wE NeVeR SaiD aNY oF tHAAaaAT. StOp GaSLiGhTinG US!!!1111"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha I hear you. I have a 2:00 so I'm out after that

Seems like only about 1/3 of the people in our dept are serious CFB fans... including one FSU fan/alum who has obviously been super pissed. So not everyone gets it.

On our last dept call (before we beat Alabama) one guy who knows me (an LSU guy) was like "I'm surprised Champ is so quiet... what's going on there Champ?"

I said we Michigan fans have been through too much, and so I'm not talking any shit until I see how the Alabama game goes.

This morning I had a call and asked the guy (he was in the office) if he was seeing a lot of Maize and Blue in the city. He was confused, and then said "if you're talking about sports, I'm the wrong guy to talk too."

so... I'm keeping it to myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go Blue!

F Nebraska!

They exist in the replenishing hell they created for themselves.

Go Blue!

I'm really getting tired of this narrative that JJ isn't good and our special teams are our weakness. Have any of these "experts" seen us play?

Special Teams has been a consistent strength alllllll year. The Alabama game was an unusual occurrence that hadnt happened allllllll year. These people are fucking stupid. Now, if that happens again, tonight, then someome put a hex on our ST's and that person needs found immediately.

Last edited:
OIP.jo_k_SAeEvVbEkaCmXwvAwHaEK

1997/8: They said our defense couldn't handle the Heisman finalist QB and his arsenal of receivers. That one guy on the D was really good but the rest of the secondary would not be able last all day. And here we are. History repeating itself. Ryan Leaf was no Penix. Will Johnson hasnt acheived Woodson level, yet. But its for all the marbles. Who shows up and shows out. Lets hope that history does repeats itself. Except for all of that fucking bullshit Nebraska stuff.

2023/4: Welcome to the National Championship game!!

Lets GoM'FBlue!!!!!!!!!

Georgia's curb stomping of FSU put FSU claiming a co-NC to rest. The sky is wide open for Michigan to win it all.

Back