Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

nice job Joe...lets keep picking between 8-10 every year. Cause that proves to really help you in the NBA.....this year we get to lose our draft pick cause of some dumb transaction you made up. way to fuck up the team joe!

"Keep The Pick" Update

The Pistons remain at #8, comfortably behind the Cavs

Here are all the possible spots the Pistons could still fall into, mathematically

x. Charlotte -9gms* (1)
t11. New Orleans -6gms (4)
t11. Denver -6gms (4)
x. Atlanta -5.5gms* (5)
10. New York -4.5gms (5)
9. Cleveland -3gms (6)
8. Detroit
t6. Sacramento +1gm (9)
t6. LA Lakers +1gm (9)
5. Boston +3gms (7)
4. Utah +3.5gms (6)
3. Orlando +5.5gms (4)

*-current playoff teams

Keep in mind, the Pistons STILL have a chance to make the playoffs in the putrid East, which would put them out of the top 14. 5 Piston losses or 5 wins by Atlanta or New York or any combination of those outcomes adding up to 5 knocks the Pistons out.

I've included a "magic number" (I guess you'd call it).
For every team above the Pistons in the standings, the number represents the number of opponent wins or Piston losses it would take to eliminate the Pistons from that spot. For every team below the Pistons in the standings, the number represents the number of opponent losses or Piston wins it would take for the Pistons to eliminate themselves from that spot.

It's pretty simple now, the Pistons have 9 games left, if they lose 6 or more games they'll remain in the 8 spot (or worse) giving them a good chance of keeping the pick. The 5 spot (or worse) is ideal as it fully guarantees the Pistons finish no higher than 8th in the lottery.

Last edited:
"Keep The Pick" Update

The Pistons remain at #8, comfortably behind the Cavs

Here are all the possible spots the Pistons could still fall into, mathematically

x. Charlotte -9gms* (1)
t11. New Orleans -6gms (4)
t11. Denver -6gms (4)
x. Atlanta -5.5gms* (5)
10. New York -4.5gms (5)
9. Cleveland -3gms (6)
8. Detroit
t6. Sacramento +1gm (9)
t6. LA Lakers +1gm (9)
5. Boston +3gms (7)
4. Utah +3.5gms (6)
3. Orlando +5.5gms (4)

*-current playoff teams

Keep in mind, the Pistons STILL have a chance to make the playoffs in the putrid East, which would put them out of the top 14.

I've included a "magic number" (I guess you'd call it).
For every team above the Pistons in the standings, the number represents the number of opponent wins or Piston losses it would take to eliminate the Pistons from that spot. For every team below the Pistons in the standings, the number represents the number of opponent losses or Piston wins it would take for the Pistons to eliminate themselves from that spot.

It's pretty simple now, the Pistons have 9 games left, if they lose 6 or more games they'll remain in the 8 spot (or worse) giving them a good chance of keeping the pick. The 5 spot (or worse) is ideal as it fully guarantees the Pistons finish no worse than 8th in the lottery.

It would be great if they somehow could lose all of their remaining games and sneak into the 5 hole. Even better would be a lucky ping pong ball and get into the top 3!

Games left between teams below the Pistons in the standings

Milwaukee @ Detroit - March 31st
LA Lakers @ Sacramento - April 2nd
Philadelphia @ Boston - April 4th
Boston @ Detroit - April 5th
Boston @ Philadelphia - April 14th
LA Lakers @ Utah - April 14th

The pick is top 8 protected so if they stay at 8 and one of the teams with a better record gets lucky and gets a top 3 pick the Pistons lose their first rounder. They really need to get to #7 to secure a 1st round pick this year.

Game 74 (3/31/14): Bucks @ Pistons

Almost forgot about this putrid game

Pistons give up 61 in the 1st half to the 14-59 Bucks.

Last edited:
Josh Smith went crazy making shots all over the court in the 4th and the Pistons win.

God I hate this guy. Fucked up our season now he's fucking up our draft.

Keep the Pick Update

x. Atlanta -5.5gms* (4)
t11. New Orleans -5gms (4)
t11. Denver -5gms (4)
10. New York -4.5gms (4)
9. Cleveland -2.5gms (6)
8. Detroit
7. Sacramento +1gm (8)
6. LA Lakers +1.5gms (8)
5. Boston +4gms (5)
4. Utah +4.5gms (4)
3. Orlando +6gms (3)

*-current playoff teams

Lakers and Kings play each other tonight

So if the Pistons lose, they'll gain on one of them

Keep the Pick Update

12. Denver -6gms (2)
x. New York -5.5gms* (2)
11. Atlanta -5.5gms (3)
10. New Orleans -5gms (3)
9. Cleveland -3.5gms (4)
t7. Detroit
t7. Sacramento
6. LA Lakers +2gms (6)
t4. Boston +4gms (4)
t4. Utah +4gms (4)
3. Orlando +6gms (2)

*-current playoff teams

Pistons have a nice 3.5 game cushion behind the Cavs with 7 games to go, falling behind the Kings (or further) would be ideal.

Keep the Pick Update

12. Denver -6gms (2)
x. New York -5.5gms* (2)
11. Atlanta -5.5gms (3)
10. New Orleans -5gms (3)
9. Cleveland -3.5gms (4)
t7. Detroit
t7. Sacramento
6. LA Lakers +2gms (6)
t4. Boston +4gms (4)
t4. Utah +4gms (4)
3. Orlando +6gms (2)

*-current playoff teams

Pistons have a nice 3.5 game cushion behind the Cavs with 7 games to go, falling behind the Kings (or further) would be ideal.

I don't think it is just ideal...it is almost necessary. If the Pistons get the #8 and one of the other lottery teams with better records get a lucky ping pong ball the Pistons pick #9 and lose their pick.

I don't think it is just ideal...it is almost necessary. If the Pistons get the #8 and one of the other lottery teams with better records get a lucky ping pong ball the Pistons pick #9 and lose their pick.

They still have an 80-some percent chance to keep their pick (or win a lottery pick) if they finish 8th. But I agree, since 7 or 6 is almost a guaranteed top 8 pick and 5th or lower is fully guaranteed, it would be best to finish in the bottom 7.

I really just want to see them lose the rest of their games, as it would probably eliminate any worry fans have about losing the pick.

With 7 games left we're realistically looking at 6, 7, 8, or possibly 9. I don't see them catching Orlando or anyone above Cleveland. Dropping to Boston/Utah level would probably be unlikely. At this point we should only be concerned with the Pistons losing and Cleveland, LA, and Sacramento winning.

They still have an 80-some percent chance to keep their pick (or win a lottery pick) if they finish 8th. But I agree, since 7 or 6 is almost a guaranteed top 8 pick and 5th or lower is fully guaranteed, it would be best to finish in the bottom 7.

I really just want to see them lose the rest of their games, as it would probably eliminate any worry fans have about losing the pick.

me too. I would love to see them get really lucky and get one of the lottery picks. The top of this draft is really loaded. The odds are pretty good that they would get a super-star caliber player to go along with Drummond.

Back