Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Three Super Teams

tinselwolverine

The Yankees and Dodgers are on a pace to each win 107 games; the Astros on a pace to win 105.

That is some empire, Hollywood dream and cosmic outta this world shit right there.

The ones I pick even though they aren't guaranteed to make the playoffs.. TB Rays, Atlanta, Milwaukee.

Last edited:
Strong possibility that one of the two teams in WS is going to be LAD. I am betting the AL team will either be HOU or CLE. My best guess will be LAD vs HOU.

Compressed series are always unstable, but LA will be the NL champion, IMO. (Bookmarked for reference).

Not a chance one of the those 3 won?t win it IMO. The odds in Vegas would have to be well in favor of the three winning. So a pretty big payout for the field I?d guess

Not not a chance, but this is showing a 61% chance it will be one of the three.

LA needs to get Kershaw to not suck in the playoffs per usually. NYY have some bad SP. Houston imo has the best chance of the 3.

I?ll be damned.

Look what ESPN published later in the day after I started this thread.

EDIT: Oh, I guess I started this thread yesterday.

Maybe those bastards at ESPN picked up on and stole my phrase.

EDIT 2: Well that didn?t last long. They used the phrase ?three super teams,? but I guess it didn?t stay that long as the headline link.

Last edited:
Shane Greene was charged with two runs last night when he came into the 8th with no one on and a four-run lead. He surrendered two straight hits (0-2 and 1-2 counts respectively) and was yanked from the mound.

Maybe the Tigers and AA finally got over on another team.

So far with the Braves

7 games, 13 hits, 2 HR, 2 blown saves, 2.81 WHIP, 11.81 era.

Nice job Avila!

Maybe the Tigers and AA finally got over on another team.

So far with the Braves

7 games, 13 hits, 2 HR, 2 blown saves, 2.81 WHIP, 11.81 era.

Nice job Avila!

Aside from those totals....he has inherited 4 base runners and all 4 scored, not counting towards his ERA.

SVOPP BLOWN

DET 25 3
ATL 2 2

Too many teams with sketchy pitching. Dodgers and Houston seem to be head and shoulders above the rest in that regard, Nationals and Indians are probably the next tier.

I really like the Dodgers, that team is loaded from top to bottom, they have bench/platoon players that could easily start elsewhere.

I'd still worry about Kershaw pitching in the postseason.

Kershaw is having a good season, but he?s not really even the Dodgers? ace this season.

Ryu is currently the favorite to win the NL CY Young.

Buehler is having a good season also.

Lots of good pitching.

Back