Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2017 Season Debacle, trades, releases and fired thread

I like this one about Victor..

Why he?ll be traded: He won't be.

Then why add him to your list mlive. Lol.

The same guy wrote both articles. Iglesias was #5 and Kinsler was #6 for the tradeable Tigers and then the other article goes on how they aren't likely to be traded.

The 17 was based on:

We?re listing every Tigers player who will be a free agent after this season or could make more than the minimum salary in 2018.

We?re not listing cheap, talented and promising players (like Michael Fulmer or Daniel Norris, for example) because the Tigers are trying to acquire players like that, not trade them away.

18 days to see if Verlander is traded to the Dodgers and more importantly if he waives his 10 - 5 rights.

The White Sox have one hell of a farm system going. Lot's of top tier talent in their top 10.

The White Sox have one hell of a farm system going. Lot's of top tier talent in their top 10.

I keep reading that the Cubs won this deal based on not giving up much. At least someone doesn't think highly of the prospects the WS got in return.. I don't see Quintana as a big move for the Cubs though..

A lot of people disagreed with me a few years back when I wanted to stop being buyers and start rebuilding. Imagine how we might look if we could have traded Scherzer (smartly) JD, Kinsler etc. while their value was higher the returns might have had us competitive withing a few years.

I also understand that Mr. I was on borrowed time and wanted to try to win it all.....but sooner or later all teams go through what the Tigers are going through now. Just often they get a jump start on it.

I think the Dodgers and Astros have the farm systems to afford Fulmer...maybe the Yankees too.

Let's hope for a bidding war!

I think the Dodgers and Astros have the farm systems to afford Fulmer...maybe the Yankees too.

Let's hope for a bidding war!

You don't trade a 24 year old of Fulmer's caliber for unknowns. He is the guy you keep and build around.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/7...s-justin-wilson-houston-astros-bullpen-relief
MLB trade rumors: Tigers? Justin Wilson drawing interest from Houston Astros.
The league leaders could use a little bullpen help.
BYBTB

Sonny Gray, Justin Verlander and Gerrit Cole are available in trades, writes Jon Morosi of MLB.com, but the Athletics, Tigers and Pirates have each set a lofty asking price. Perhaps more interestingly,

Heyman reports that there?s little to no genuine interest in Justin Verlander at this time due to his huge contract and underwhelming numbers. Furthermore, he notes that due to Verlander?s status as a legend in Detroit, they can?t accept an underwhelming return and effectively signal to Tigers fans that his trade was a salary dump.

There?s also very little interest in Ian Kinsler, according to Heyman, as the he?s struggled in 2017 and few teams are on the hunt for second base help.

He adds that Alex Avila, J.D. Martinez and Justin Wilson are all drawing strong interest, however, so GM Al Avila should make some deals in the next 17 days.

You don't trade a 24 year old of Fulmer's caliber for unknowns. He is the guy you keep and build around.

The White Sox just did it with Quintana. If you read the article, Fulmer will be arb eligible in 2019 which will drive his price up fast. This re-build is going to take longer than most because the farm system is the worst in MLB. The first step in a re-build is filling the farm with high end prospects. Some will pan out and some won't but you need that talent in the minor leagues. If they turn it around with some young talent and some FA acquisitions they can then take some of that young talent and use it for trades. My guess is Fulmer could get a haul even better than Quintana. If that is the case I really think the Tigers should consider it. I just read Pineda is having TJ surgery. The Yankees might be the team that goes for it.

Back