Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2024 Spring Training beginning 2 - 14

It's not a matter of having the balls to call them out, if that was the case why don't you tell HER directly not us. We all know who they are (kid from the freep and the other one who died a few years ago, the past GM's of the mets and reds, and the cheater who is on the show now), and she is being courteous with who they are and not naming them directly, by not throwing more salt on the wound. You knock this woman every chance you have with critical comments. Why don't you try writing a blog with great and informative Tigers baseball and mlb baseball news every single day?!?! She is refreshing with the stories of factual information on the behind the scenes news about the Tigers front office and the building of the minor leagues from nutrition to player development.
It is tiring to read the same drivel of complaints every week.

I give positive comments or thumbs up when I like her articles.

As far as me writing a blog about the Tigers every day, because I don't have the time, nor do I want to. She chooses to do it, I choose not to.

I thought this was a social media platform that we share our opinions and thoughts about the Tigers, regardless if they are popular.

Anyway, I will continue to read her stuff, even if I don't like what she has to say all of the time. I do enjoy reading it and appreciate you posting it.

I give positive comments or thumbs up when I like her articles.

As far as me writing a blog about the Tigers every day, because I don't have the time, nor do I want to. She chooses to do it, I choose not to.

I thought this was a social media platform that we share our opinions and thoughts about the Tigers, regardless if they are popular.

Anyway, I will continue to read her stuff, even if I don't like what she has to say all of the time. I do enjoy reading it and appreciate you posting it.

Yes we are sharing our opinions and that was mine.
I don't think we have any other Tigers media who will be truthful other than her and the great Tigers bloggers at Bless You Boys Tigers Blog BYBTB, and Motor City Metrics Tigers Blog MCMTB.
MLB and these Tigers media writers at Detroit News Detnews, Detroit Free Press Freep, and Michigan Live Mlive, have writers who always write with care, so as not to upset and give the team an opportunity to ban them from the clubhouse.
It was for this reason that we never hear of anything inside the clubhouse and throughout the ownership from Ilitch and the GM's past and present about any problems or the neglect of not having quality people developing the players and improving the infrastructure of the team top to bottom Major League team and minor league team along with the facilities. Even Jason Beck is careful with what he writes for the Tigers.

I asked this before but she's a blogger right? How is that Tiger Media? Does she have a press pass or interactions with the Tigers brass? I'm unaware if she does or not and I'm curious.

Here's a first prediction at Tigers' Opening Day roster.
Tigers official site

MLB.TV is back and better than ever for 2024.
Tigers official site

Finally healthy, Mize ready to 'throw as much as they let me'.
Tigers official site

2024 Detroit Tigers spring training preview: New faces but no big offseason splash.
The Tigers placed their bets on their young talent and kept their options open to improve the roster as needed during the season.
BYBTB

Detroit Tigers among nine MLB teams to get Nike City Connect jerseys in 2024.
MCBTB

Detroit Tigers to get new City Connect uniforms in 2024 before All-Star Game break.
Freep

Last edited:
Detroit Tigers set TV, radio announcer lineup for 2024 season.
MCBTB

Bally Sports Detroit adds ex-Tiger to analyst rotation.
Detnews

Who's with Benetti? Carlos Peña joins Detroit Tigers TV analyst lineup led by Craig Monroe.
Freep

Tigers add former player to 2024 broadcast team.
Mlive

'Days of Roar' Tigers Podcast: Previewing Detroit Tigers spring training with Evan live from Lakeland. 53 minutes.

On this episode: Evan joins Mark remotely from Florida as spring training is nearly upon us. The "Days of Roar" duo analyze how the Detroit Tigers might sort out their starting pitching for the year. Find out how the team might employ a five-man rotation with six starting pitchers. Later in the pod, the guys contemplate if there are any additional free agents the front office should have gone after in the offseason. Evan also shares an update on Javier Báez's offseason work to improve his hitting and the guys look at potential pop-up surprises for this spring training.

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

Today is the day when pitchers and catchers report to spring training.
The Tigers have 6 candidates for the 5-man starting rotation. They are:
Jack Flaherty
Kenta Maeda
Matt Manning
Casey Mize
Reese Olson
Tarik Skubal
Skubal, Maeda and Flaherty are locks for the rotation. Manning probably is as well.
That leaves Mize and Olson as the most likely to be battling it out for the last slot.
Mize has more experience at the MLB level, however he hasn’t pitched in almost 2 years due to several significant surgeries on his arm (Tommy John) and back. In 3 years with the Tigers, he has yet to pitch more than half a season.Casey is also a former #1 draft pick.
Olson pitched for slightly less than half a year in 2023 and was impressive at times while navigating his intro to the MLB level. Of particular note is his ability to garner 1+ SO per inning.He controls the strike zone which we know Scott Harris made a requisite for pitchers.
Which one of these pitchers do you believe will earn the initial nod to the starting rotation?

Which pitcher is most likely to earn the last slot in the starting rotation?

1. Casey Mize

2. Reese Olson

VOTE

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

Today is the day when pitchers and catchers report to spring training.
The Tigers have 6 candidates for the 5-man starting rotation. They are:
Jack Flaherty
Kenta Maeda
Matt Manning
Casey Mize
Reese Olson
Tarik Skubal
Skubal, Maeda and Flaherty are locks for the rotation. Manning probably is as well.
That leaves Mize and Olson as the most likely to be battling it out for the last slot.
Mize has more experience at the MLB level, however he hasn’t pitched in almost 2 years due to several significant surgeries on his arm (Tommy John) and back. In 3 years with the Tigers, he has yet to pitch more than half a season.Casey is also a former #1 draft pick.
Olson pitched for slightly less than half a year in 2023 and was impressive at times while navigating his intro to the MLB level. Of particular note is his ability to garner 1+ SO per inning.He controls the strike zone which we know Scott Harris made a requisite for pitchers.
Which one of these pitchers do you believe will earn the initial nod to the starting rotation?

Which pitcher is most likely to earn the last slot in the starting rotation?

1. Casey Mize

2. Reese Olson

VOTE
I have no idea. I hope they both pitch great and make it a difficult decision.

Fastball run value top 21%Pitching run value top 37%vs FB214 BAA360 SLG2022vs FB197 BAA250 SLGseems like hitters struggle against Manning's FB..which he throws 50% of the time.

2023pitchers who threw min 150 4S FB RV/100Matt Manning ranked #16 Zack Wheeler ranked #172022Manning ranked #12before he was hit on the foot a second time23.2 IP 11H 4 ERit's not a magic trick..he's hard to hit..

First Tigers injury report of Spring Training includes catcher Dillon Dingler, who underwent arthroscopic surgery to remove loose bodies from his throwing elbow. He’s on a throwing program but can do all other baseball activities.

Detroit Tigers spring training links: Pitchers and catchers have reported for action.
The Tigers appear to have much of their full squad already on hand in Lakeland, and we’re just as anxious to get the season underway.
BYBTB

Back