Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers extend Avila's contract

My outlook for this rebuild continues to become more and more pessimistic. I can honestly see this franchise falling into a decade of mediocrity at best to a complete dumpster fire at worst. Rightly or wrongly I just do not trust Avila or Chris Illitch as an owner. Thank god I have an NL team in the Brewers that I follow and will hopefully remain mildly interesting the next several years.

so you are not excited about the pitchers we have that should be up very soon ?

Their positional prospects are lagging far behind, and unless Chrissy decides to open the checkbook wider, they will need to delay starting their ML clocks for @ least a year, if not two.

great. Now we are stuck with Miggy and Al for the next 5 years.

Next winning season will be 2024 when they get a new GM and Miggy is retired.

I said years ago once Miggy's power diminished he still would have a skill set to perform which is sort of right. Good BA, OBP but I thought he'd have like 40+ doubles this season. Not 12 at the half way point. That's the disappointing part.

I said years ago once Miggy's power diminished he still would have a skill set to perform which is sort of right. Good BA, OBP but I thought he'd have like 40+ doubles this season. Not 12 at the half way point. That's the disappointing part.

Miggy has 17 XBH this year, which ranks 226th in MLB.

pathetic.

great. Now we are stuck with Miggy and Al for the next 5 years.

Next winning season will be 2024 when they get a new GM and Miggy is retired.

Tigers have released word of the amount of and length of Avila's extension?

b/c they hadn't yesterday.

Tigers have released word of the amount of and length of Avila's extension?

b/c they hadn't yesterday.

I guess they haven't. I was reading through this thread and somebody made a comment that the Tigers would be bad for an other 5 years, so I assumed it was a 5 year contract

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2019/07/06/question-of-the-week-27/
QUESTION OF THE WEEK.
Totally Tigers

What is your impression of the Al Avila contract extension?

It?s time again to hear from our readers! Today is the day to let us know what you?re thinking on a selected topic.

Sunday is the one day of the week where we open up the comment parameters for you, so you can get those juices flowing.

Comments on THIS DAY ONLY can be expanded to a maximum of 8 sentences.

We can?t wait to get your thoughts on the following topic:

Phase 2 of shortening the outfield dimensions needs implementation this off-season. Reduce CF from 420ft to 400ft.

So the Moore, Ross, Mercer and Harrison acquisitions this past off-season, must have convinced Chris that Al Avila should be extended another three years.

OMG!

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2019/07/06/question-of-the-week-27/
QUESTION OF THE WEEK.
Totally Tigers

What is your impression of the Al Avila contract extension?

It?s time again to hear from our readers! Today is the day to let us know what you?re thinking on a selected topic.

Sunday is the one day of the week where we open up the comment parameters for you, so you can get those juices flowing.

Comments on THIS DAY ONLY can be expanded to a maximum of 8 sentences.

We can?t wait to get your thoughts on the following topic:

I'm going to go back to watching my NL team. Shoot fire they are not doing that good either.

Back