Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers sign Valverde!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Tigers lose every fucking game that cocksucker Valverde pitches.

It's a complete slap in the face to Tigers fans that they are bringing him back to the team.

Matt Mowrey said he will be the closer.

The Tigers are so fucking retarded.

The off season plan backfired....and now they are stuck with this.

Bringing back Valverde, who by his own admission lost zip on his fastball, and lost confidence in the splitter.
The weight loss if true helps, and also has to have that splitter working, some movement on the FB too.
all because DD....
Passed on Rafael Soriano on a 2 year deal after he closed on the biggest stage for the Yankees, and had a plan to have the big kid Rondon who had pitched all of what 20 innings in AA?
Rondon's size reminds me of Broxton about 6'4" and 3 Bills. huge through the trunk/thighs makes imo difficult to repeat with fluid mechanics, which makes it difficult to command pitches, on top of improving his slider.

Im just so fucking pissed. How can they possibly believe that after like 3 or 4 games against terribad single-A hitters he's ready to come up and close, especially after being fucking terrible last year?

Dombrowski and Leyland are fucking retarded.

As good of a job as Dombrowski has done getting us good players, he has gotten us some horrible ones as well, and not only that, he's brought some back after cutting ties with them.

Why can't DD stand to see guys not be on the Tigers roster? Maybe Jaque Jones or Jerrod Washburn or Nefei Perez are available DD....they need a good home, you stray-dog loving son of a bitch.

Independent scouts -- not Tigers scouts -- who saw Valverde said: fastball 93, mostly 94, hitting 95, excellent location and movement.

Better have the splitter working tooooo!!!

I hope the Tigers lose every fucking game that cocksucker Valverde pitches.

It's a complete slap in the face to Tigers fans that they are bringing him back to the team.

while he is not my first choice (or top 10) I hope the Tigers win every game he pitches. As far as a slap in the face...I don't get why you think that.

If it's true that he's got velocity and movement back and more importantly, has his splitter back. Why not give him a shot?

Valverde is a horrible, horrible pitcher with velocity AND his splitter.

i hope he gets bombed every time he goes out there.

Wtf? Let him throw a few innings in the show before you give him a contract and name him your closer. Dumb dumb dumb!

This was a no risk move. If it fails they just release him.

Bullshit its no risk. Theres a big risk that he fucking blows games because hes a terrible pitcher, and now with a 1-year ML contract we owe him money if we cut him.

He should be going to Toledo to get some more innings to face some better hitting than the shit he's seen so far, especially since we still have more than 2 weeks till we would have had to decide to bring him up or cut him. This decision is fucking retarded, Im almost certain its going to backfire, and I hope it fucking costs DD his job.

Bullshit its no risk. Theres a big risk that he fucking blows games because hes a terrible pitcher, and now with a 1-year ML contract we owe him money if we cut him.

He should be going to Toledo to get some more innings to face some better hitting than the shit he's seen so far, especially since we still have more than 2 weeks till we would have had to decide to bring him up or cut him. This decision is fucking retarded, Im almost certain its going to backfire, and I hope it fucking costs DD his job.

they will be sending Virrereal with his 20.77 era down. He can throw left handed and be better than that!

they will be sending Virrereal with his 20.77 era down. He can throw left handed and be better than that!

You know who else is left-handed and can throw better than Villarreal and also happens to be in Toledo?

Duane Below.

Replacing one piece of shit pitcher in Beavis with another one in Rotten Potato solves fucking nothing.

Valverde had a 30 ERA in the postseason last year with the Tigers and has a career postseason ERA of 10.

he's a fucking horrendous pitcher that has no buisness pitching for this organization anymore.

You know who else is left-handed and can throw better than Villarreal and also happens to be in Toledo?

Duane Below.

Replacing one piece of shit pitcher in Beavis with another one in Rotten Potato solves fucking nothing.

Again....very little risk. He is an experienced closer. It puts Benoit back in the 8th where he belongs. I don't like Valverde but at this point I think it is the right move.

I don't care if he now goes 40-40 in the regular season, come playoff time we will not win with him as our closer, period!

Last edited:
Again....very little risk. He is an experienced closer. It puts Benoit back in the 8th where he belongs. I don't like Valverde but at this point I think it is the right move.

Agreed, no risk in bringing him up and seeing if he has regained velocity and his splitter, like INDEPENDENT scouts have said. The bullpen was in shambles before and Benoit has stated numerous times that he doesn't like to close. This move puts Benoit back to the 8th inning, where he fits.

If Valverde is the Valverde of the playoffs they cut ties early and trade for a closer at the deadline. Again, this is a very low risk move.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back