Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers trade for Justin Wilson of the Yankees

Chad Green didn't seem like he was going to be anything special but Cessa had some promise. AA already trading one of guys we got back in the Cespedes deal. Let's hope this works!

he has picked up right where DD left off...trading away prospects for BP arms? I lean more towards fuck up vs. a mad scientist!

which of his moves have been genius?

I must have missed it.

Chad Green didn't seem like he was going to be anything special but Cessa had some promise. AA already trading one of guys we got back in the Cespedes deal. Let's hope this works!

Actually, to me, Green has more upside than Cessa. But they both project to be relief pitchers and we know DET does not know how to develop their own.

2015 Chad Green Home

5.15 ERA 1.56 WHP .314 OPP BAVG

2015 Chad Green Away

2.50 ERA 1.29 WHIP .253 OPP BAVG

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

If we wins the world series i will give him props.
Anything else he gets degrees of thanks depending where his team ends up.

World series win- Genius and we all owe Durtyrrclean something.
World series loss- Nice work AA good Job!!!!
ALCS win.. Sweet AA we all are Giddy!!!!
ALCS loss- Same old same old for the Tigers in the playoffs.
Division win- Well you should AA with that payroll!!!
Division loss..Nice try AA but your are just like DD.

2nd place no playoffs-- Fire him.
3rd place.....Fire him.
4th place....Fire him..
5th place....Fire him.

Last edited:
I had no idea who Wilson was, but have seen a few comments from Yankees fans saying he was their 3rd best BP arm behind Miller and Betances.

I had no idea who Wilson was, but have seen a few comments from Yankees fans saying he was their 3rd best BP arm behind Miller and Betances.

He isn't your typical LOOGY, he actually does slightly better against Righties than Lefties.

He isn't your typical LOOGY, he actually does slightly better against Righties than Lefties.

I saw that. Is he good enough to be a "7th inning" type guy regardless who is up? Looking at his 3 year splits (I do this now thanks to you) his era, BAA, and L/R splits are really close. This while pitching to RH batters at about a 2:1 clip. OPS against is .601 for LH and .590 for RH.

Not lights out but solid. On paper he might be the Tigers 2nd best BP arm?

I saw that. Is he good enough to be a "7th inning" type guy regardless who is up? Looking at his 3 year splits (I do this now thanks to you) his era, BAA, and L/R splits are really close. This while pitching to RH batters at about a 2:1 clip. OPS against is .601 for LH and .590 for RH.

Not lights out but solid. On paper he might be the Tigers 2nd best BP arm?

I would say he would be the 2nd best BP arm hands down.

I love this pick up. A young power arm in the BP for cheap just entering his prime. ANd he gets swings and misses.

We have a brand new BP, if K Rod can be good it has a chance to be pretty good, potentially really good.

Anybody know what his velocity and arsenal are like?

95 MPH 4-seamer

90-ish MPH cutter

High 70s curve

He occasionally has issues with command of his secondary pitches, especially the curve. Any lefty that hits mid 90s is doing well.

I like the deal... Usually hate giving up on guys we got in trades before we even know what we got, but Wilson seems like a good fit/need.

In the comments section of the link from the OP, Yankee's fans are unhappy. That sounds good to me.

In the comments section of the link from the OP, Yankee's fans are unhappy. That sounds good to me.

I like the fact that Yankee fans are unhappy. The problem is they always think they got fleeced, remember how pissed they were about us getting Shane Greene?

Back