Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs A's 4/25 Game 18

Well I'm not a big fan of "I'm sorry, but...." I would've rather he just owned his role and been done with it. Not keep bringing up the fact he was booed at home.

I agree. He comes across as a whiny bitch.

The apology was as spontaneous as the gesture so I don't think he was whining. I think he was explaining why he snapped and he repeatedly said he was wrong for doing so. Several different ways.

The apology was as spontaneous as the gesture so I don't think he was whining. I think he was explaining why he snapped and he repeatedly said he was wrong for doing so. Several different ways.

"To hear boos after that play hit a trigger inside of me and I lashed out, completely inappropriately,"

"I just wanted you guys to understand that I love this team and I want to win, so when we come home and get booed, it's tough to swallow, but like I said, I apologize completely,"

"Completely. It was frustration. I don't want to hear that at home. We hear that enough on the road. With that being said, I should be more mature and more grown-up than that to be able to deal with it, and that's where I apologize,"

to me, each time the apology comes with a reason / excuse...the booing. Each one sounds like "I'm sorry but..."

"To hear boos after that play hit a trigger inside of me and I lashed out, completely inappropriately,"

"I just wanted you guys to understand that I love this team and I want to win, so when we come home and get booed, it's tough to swallow, but like I said, I apologize completely,"

"Completely. It was frustration. I don't want to hear that at home. We hear that enough on the road. With that being said, I should be more mature and more grown-up than that to be able to deal with it, and that's where I apologize,"

to me, each time the apology comes with a reason / excuse...the booing. Each one sounds like "I'm sorry but..."

I see a guy who is being completely open and honest about his reaction what triggered it. I think it's more like "the boos triggered my reaction, and I was wrong to let that happen."

I see a guy who is being completely open and honest about his reaction what triggered it. I think it's more like "the boos triggered my reaction, and I was wrong to let that happen."

I guess we all have our take on it. To me it sounds like he shifts some of the blame back to the fans for booing.

I guess we all have our take on it. To me it sounds like he shifts some of the blame back to the fans for booing.

both parties in the wrong, he shouldn't have flipped the crowd off but the crowd shouldn't boo when a player loses a ball in the lights, especially with a 6-0 lead.

I'm sure people will make a much bigger deal of this than it needs to be. Collins was hot, made a mistake, but the fans won't move on.

both parties in the wrong, he shouldn't have flipped the crowd off but the crowd shouldn't boo when a player loses a ball in the lights, especially with a 6-0 lead.

I'm sure people will make a much bigger deal of this than it needs to be. Collins was hot, made a mistake, but the fans won't move on.

the fans were 100% within their right to boo that play. It wasn't just the fact that he didn't make a play on an easy pop up but then Upton kicks it around. They looked like the Keystone cops out there!

When fans are displeased they will boo. It's not hard to figure out. Yes nobody is perfect and even major leaguers will make a bad play once in a while. That doesn't mean you shouldn't expect to hear about it from the fans.

Miggy must not have liked getting benched. 4-4 w/ 2HRs. I'll take it!

Zimmerman looked excellent once again too. Great signing so far.

When fans are displeased they will boo. It's not hard to figure out. Yes nobody is perfect and even major leaguers will make a bad play once in a while. That doesn't mean you shouldn't expect to hear about it from the fans.

agree, when fans are displeased they will boo. Do you think they are justified booing when a player loses a ball in the lights with a 6-0 lead? I wouldn't boo in that situation, the player couldn't have done anything differently. Upton did kick the ball but he's running full speed from LF and came up short, could't pull his stride up fast enough to avoid the ball. those plays happen, it's not anyone's fault really. I would only boo if I thought there was a lack of effort.

I'd say both sides handled it poorly, but the story has legs and it will get clicks today and get people to turn into 97.1 on the way home, so the flames will continue to be fanned.

agree, when fans are displeased they will boo. Do you think they are justified booing when a player loses a ball in the lights with a 6-0 lead? I wouldn't boo in that situation, the player couldn't have done anything differently. Upton did kick the ball but he's running full speed from LF and came up short, could't pull his stride up fast enough to avoid the ball. those plays happen, it's not anyone's fault really. I would only boo if I thought there was a lack of effort.

I'd say both sides handled it poorly, but the story has legs and it will get clicks today and get people to turn into 97.1 on the way home, so the flames will continue to be fanned.

As a spontaneous reaction I don't see why I wouldn't let out a quick little boo? I probably wouldn't in real life, but I completely understand that as a reaction for others. People aren't stopping to think about the situation, circumstances, and all the other things you mentioned. All they're thinking in that split second is they just saw a major league outfielder look like a clown for a few seconds.

In the grand scheme of things players aren't near as important. When it's all said in done either after a season or career, players go back to their homes outside Michigan. Or they go sign with another club. And if we're talking about the Lions, near 60 years of frustration. Tate or any player doesn't understand that.

As a spontaneous reaction I don't see why I wouldn't let out a quick little boo? I probably wouldn't in real life, but I completely understand that as a reaction for others. People aren't stopping to think about the situation, circumstances, and all the other things you mentioned. All they're thinking in that split second is they just saw a major league outfielder look like a clown for a few seconds.

maybe so, I just give the individual baseball player a break for doing the same thing in a split second. he said it was wrong, took responsibility, so it should be over relatively soon. I'm sure his next start won't come at home though.

maybe so, I just give the individual baseball player a break for doing the same thing in a split second. he said it was wrong, took responsibility, so it should be over relatively soon. I'm sure his next start won't come at home though.

I don't boo but I certainly have no problem with the ones who do. It just tells mea lot about a person who flips amass of people off.

I don't boo but I certainly have no problem with the ones who do. It just tells mea lot about a person who flips amass of people off.

He lost his temper and made harmless mistake.

Back