Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins Game Thread August 15

Magglio bails towards third base on every pitch. It is no wonder he taps a lot of pitches weakly to the right side or rolls over pitches to short. He has no bat speed anymore and has to cheat to catch up to fast balls. What drived me even crazier is that as his physical skills have declined he has not improved his approach to hitting. He's done, and you have to think that the Young acquisition means his days are numbered. Should have happened 30 days ago.

staegrac said:
sad thing is, is that homer by rabum earned him another start

Not really, if they have not given up on him yet, I doubt they will at all.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]JP is in a very serious slide the last 14 days...
No home runs
No Rbi's
9 K's
2 BB's
5 Runs
11 for 43 with a lot of meaningless hits..

Totals do not include today..

Agreed, massive slunmp. Maybe coming back to earth after an unlikely start.

staegrac said:

DD needs to step in an make the call...

Send RR down.
DFA Magglio.

Then tell Jimmy to play his best 9 and STFU!

27tigers said:
Magglio bails towards third base on every pitch. It is no wonder he taps a lot of pitches weakly to the right side or rolls over pitches to short. He has no bat speed anymore and has to cheat to catch up to fast balls. What drived me even crazier is that as his physical skills have declined he has not improved his approach to hitting. He's done, and you have to think that the Young acquisition means his days are numbered. Should have happened 30 days ago.

We're in the middle of a pennant race, smokes is going to get us all another choke job becuase he won't take mugs out of the lineup and keeps running raburn out there to make errors.

27tigers said:

wth smokey you never know...I figured rabum's days were numbered but we still witness his greatness

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
staegrac said:

DD needs to step in an make the call...

Send RR down.
DFA Magglio.

Then tell Jimmy to play his best 9 and STFU!

IMO RR should not even be in the big leagues let alone playing infield in a pennant race

Wow it just dawned on me Avila only needed a HR for the cycle.

27tigers said:
I recognized that early in the year..

Betemit's head was looking into the ground behind him when he swung at that pitch. That's a high schooll at bat.

RG just helped us out by taking perkins out cuz we sure as shxt wasn't going to be doing anything off him.

The Pitching and defense are going to be the main reason for this loss if the results hold.. Maybe there is some magic left..

The last two games by the Tigers are disgusting.. losing to scrub teams like the Twins and O's... When was the last time we have we had a walk off win... Total garbage tonight.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]The last two games by the Tigers are disgusting.. losing to scrub teams like the Twins and O's... When was the last time we have we had a walk off win... Total garbage tonight.
I have to agree as well.. Two choke gimme games//

K-K-groundout.

What an ugly, ugly, ugly game, ALL of the Tigers warts were exposed tonight, SP, RP, defense, game decisions, lineup, base-running, not scoring with RISP and <2 outs...YUCK!!

:-/
angry.png
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>
tongue.png
:-[

Back