Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tobias Harris to Detroit

Pretty interesting. Harris is certainly the best player in the deal, but he's an odd fit on a team that is desperate for shooting. Still he's very young, locked up for several years, and might get back to league average from 3 in a more open system.

Last edited:
locked into making $16M a year for the next 3 years.

Overpayed, but 16 per year isn't what it used to be. I don't have great feelings about Harris, but it's hardly a bust. Remember that cap space has little value for us in free agency. Picking up overpaid guys like Harris (only 23) is one of the few ways we can luck into something great. I think it is worth the risk.

Overpayed, but 16 per year isn't what it used to be. I don't have great feelings about Harris, but it's hardly a bust. Remember that cap space has little value for us in free agency. Picking up overpaid guys like Harris (only 23) is one of the few ways we can luck into something great. I think it is worth the risk.

why does it have little value in FA?

Idk about this move overall though. Tobias was offered a few max deals last summer. But, he doesn't seem like he is worth it. He is having a down year as well for a bad team in the Magic.

That being said this system would seem to fit him very nicely. Idk though, we absolutely got more talent in return..just scared of the contract.

why does it have little value in FA?

Non-destination city, non-condensing roster, haven't made the playoffs in how many years? Really good players will take their money somewhere else. Others will need to be overpaid to land. Cap space doesn't make the team better right now.

Reading everyone's responses on different websites and everyone seems to think we robbed Orlando...that the Magic are rebuilding again.

I guess I need to watch some Harris gameplay or something

Pretty interesting. Harris is certainly the best player in the deal, but he's an odd fit on a team that is desperate for shooting. Still he's very young, locked up for several years, and might get back to league average from 3 in a more open system.

Exactly what I thought, we need a 3 who can shoot the three, Harris is a 31% career 3pt Shooter, that pretty bad. I hope he can improve that.

Tobias has a lot more game than Ersan. Ersan is a spot shooter, that's all he does.

A good trade overall, only post concern is PG depth. Blake is the only backup, behind an already banged up Reggie Jackson.

Last edited:
I guess we won't take anymore charges this year. We use to have the leader in that.. guess we will have to wait and see how trade pans out.

Harris wont get molested on defense every night like Ersan did. Harris is slightly below to average defensivel... ersan was prob the worst.

I like the trade. Harris looks like the long-term 4 with a reasonable cost with the upcoming cap. His 3 point % isn't great this season. I think he can shoot 35-38% in our system though. He's more athletic and less one dimensional from an offensive standpoint than Illyasova. This trade doesn't help us this season but it's not like the expectation was conference finals or anything. Hopefully, SVG can swing a trade that doesn't cost us anything long term to shore up the PG depth for the remainder of this season.

This guy is a pretty good defender and should be able to average 17 points a night. This is perfect fit for him and I see him flourishing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back