Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

tOfficial Michigan vs. Penn State Score Prediction Thread

tinselwolverine

At Vic's request, I am honored to humbly stand in.

Congratulations to MichDad for being the closest last week.

In the legends of the Three Musketeers, on Dartonians first morning in Paris, he manages to get himself challenged to a duel with all of Athos, Porthos and and Aramis, at 1 pm, 2 pm and 3 pm that afternoon, sequentially.

When Dartanian shows up to duel Athos at 1 pm, he humbly apologizes to Athos's seconds, Porthos and Aramis.

When they ask him why, Dartanian answers "no doubt your friend will kill me, and I will be unable to meet my obligation to the both of you..."

Then the king's guard shows up to break up the duel, and the four unite to fight them off...but then another story begins...

But in that spirit, I start by apologizing for undoubtedly coming short of McGeezer and Vic.

Michigan comes into this game ranked #4 in the country, with a whole lot of unanswered questions among the fan base just as to how good this team really is, or actually could be/will be - and we all have the same question we all have every season until the team has lost - can our Michigan win the national championship?

I've been asking that same question every season since 1970 or 1971.

Penn State came into the Big 10 in about 1994. We've played Penn State most years since they've come into the Big 10.

Penn State comes in at 2-1; having lost to in state rival Pitt in a barn burner and having beaten a couple junk teams in between.

Really, nobody knows how good anybody really is at this point in the season.

My thin slice recollection (look up Malcom Gladwell Blink) is that when we beat Penn State since they've come into the Big 10 better things happen going on; when we don't - less good things happen.

Right now, Michigan looks to be about a 16.5 favorite, depending on the odds making entity.

Just like always, post your rationale and analysis with your prediction, but remember one post per customer - save the woofing and the barking and the back and forth for the other threads.

Last edited:
Michigan finally opens both playbooks, shocking the conference and the nation with the superiority and brutality on display against their first Big Ten foe.

Michigan - 66
Penn State - 3 on a late FG

Remember when James Franklin was going to save the Penn State program? He'll need saving after the game Saturday. 45-7 Michigan

Last edited:
I want media members to be saying "should Michigan have kept running up the score on Penn State?" after this game. Fuck their football program, fuck their university, fuck Sandusky, and fuck Joe Paterno forever. Their honoring of him last Saturday was sickening. I still want this dog shit program/school thrown out of the Big 10 and blacklisted from all profit sharing. I want their program to become a desolate wasteland that everyone forgets about. Let's run the score up and show them absolutely no respect. Just as they deserve.

Michigan - 63
PSU - 3

61975009.jpg

My apologies, I forgot to acknowledge last week's winner in the OP...looks like MichDad was pretty close to on the nose...so congrats.

I've also edited it into the OP.

My apologies, I forgot to acknowledge last week's winner in the OP...looks like MichDad was pretty close to on the nose...so congrats.

I've also edited it into the OP.

Whoa!! save the apologies for another thread. And, only 1 post please.

Michigan 52
PSU 13

Michigan wins pretty comfortably, but doesn't quite cover the -19 spread.

M 37
PSU 20

Back