Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tom Osborne vs Oklahoma

biggunsbob

Interested article the Rivalry. He started 0-6 in the Oklahoma game and ended up 13-13 overall. Right now I would take that in a heartbeat.

Hopefully Jim can turn this around like Tom did ! There is also a espn article from a few days ago on this I can?t find. Had injections today. I?m not all there tonight. I?m still looking for yesterday article and could use some help. I just can?t find the espn article . Head is killing me.

https://www.starherald.com/sports/b...cle_6442166b-d7ae-5e33-bd40-9d9404c313ea.html

https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/perspective-tom-osborne-vs-oklahoma

Last edited:
I could see something like that happening here.

good to know there are historical comparisons... and we've - if anything - come closer to beating osu (2016) than either Osborne or Brown did in their first 5 seasons.

Like I said to some of my friends the day after this one: 42-27 before we go for it on 4th and 1. and that was counting them making us pay for a fumble and dumb offsides penalty late in the 1st half. SHOULD have been 35-27. 35-28 if we didn't fuck up an XP by trying to be cute...

instead they went on to score on the short field... 49-27, and we were toast. Then 56-27.

it looks worse than it was. we should've been playing good football at home, and watching them make mistakes, instead it was the other way around.

there's lots of historical comparisons - for example prior to 2000, uofm had a series record advantage of 21 wins (55-34) all time against ohio state. Since then Ohio State has turned it around winning 17 of 20 and cutting the difference to just 7.

Last edited:
Back