Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Torii Hunter

Thundercats

Tigers have played better without him, and JD Martinez is showing signs of becoming the big time talent he was once touted as. I don't think Davis is playing poorly enough to be benched completely, but Jackson might be. My question is.. does Torii regain his starting spot? Either him or Jackson need to become the 4th outfielder because JD is our 3rd best hitter right now.

Tigers have played better without him, and JD Martinez is showing signs of becoming the big time talent he was once touted as. I don't think Davis is playing poorly enough to be benched completely, but Jackson might be. My question is.. does Torii regain his starting spot? Either him or Jackson need to become the 4th outfielder because JD is our 3rd best hitter right now.

Wasn't there a Torii Hunter thread already?
anyways, once I posted a couple weeks or so back about how I was tired of JD Martinez's mediocre numbers, he has taken off and impressed.
Maybe it was getting some regular playing time. You would think Ausmus would mix the 4 outfielders to matchups, but who knows, and Dirks should be back to 90/100% end of July, without any setbacks.

Wasn't there a Torii Hunter thread already?
anyways, once I posted a couple weeks or so back about how I was tired of JD Martinez's mediocre numbers, he has taken off and impressed.
Maybe it was getting some regular playing time. You would think Ausmus would mix the 4 outfielders to matchups, but who knows, and Dirks should be back to 90/100% end of July, without any setbacks.

Which is another reason either Hunter or Jackson need to sit. Hunter isn't taking walks, which really sucks considering he's not hitting either. Not to mention his defense is awful. He won't be here next year anyway, so I say a young guy like Martinez should play if he's producing like this.

Which is another reason either Hunter or Jackson need to sit. Hunter isn't taking walks, which really sucks considering he's not hitting either. Not to mention his defense is awful. He won't be here next year anyway, so I say a young guy like Martinez should play if he's producing like this.

Yeah, I do get that Hunter might produce better with a day off every few, maybe/maybe not.

Jackson for all his hot and cold streaks, we still need someone to play center, Davis can, and Kelly sigh, in a pinch.

Tori has been around for 20 years, he can see the writing on the wall.and will handle it with grace.

Last edited:
Torri will be fine just as soon as he stops expanding the zone again and gets back to the inside out take it to right mindset, right now..or before the hammy anyway he was pulling almost everything..I wouldn't be surprised if the extra time off gets him out of that nasty habit.. for a bit at least...lead with the bat handle!

Last edited:
Back