Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline Deals

Rebbiv

OAK trades LHP Scott Kazmir to Houston for RHP Daniel Mengden and C Jacob Nottingham; recall RHP Arnold Leon.

Price should at least net as much!

OAK trades LHP Scott Kazmir to Houston for RHP Daniel Mengden and C Jacob Nottingham; recall RHP Arnold Leon.

Price should at least net as much!

At least? I consider Kazmir a 2nd or 3rd guy.

Price is a top 5 pitcher in baseball. I want the farm

At least? I consider Kazmir a 2nd or 3rd guy.

Price is a top 5 pitcher in baseball. I want the farm

at least is opposite of at most.

Price is certainly a top 10. But Kazmir is a top 50, which is a solid #2.

Nottingham projects very well into a starting MLB catcher. He projects better than McCann. Mengden is a Buck Farmer type, hard thrower with questions about secondary and tertiary pitches. If not a starter, certainly back end of the bull pen type.

So again, if this is the minimum (at least) to expect for Price, I am OK with getting rid of Price.

I read that those were Houston's 18th and 20th ranked prospects. I sure hope we get more than that for Price.

I read that those were Houston's 18th and 20th ranked prospects. I sure hope we get more than that for Price.

Daniel Mengden is only in his 2nd year since being drafted. He barely started out last year. So he wasn't going to be very high on any pre-season rankings.

Nottigham, 20 years old, started the pre-season rankings at 30 and was 10th in the organization at the time of the trade. This from an organization that is in the top 5 for minor leagues, Detroit being dead last.

Anyone scoffing at this trade is just being ignorant.

Daniel Mengden is only in his 2nd year since being drafted. He barely started out last year. So he wasn't going to be very high on any pre-season rankings.

Nottigham, 20 years old, started the pre-season rankings at 30 and was 10th in the organization at the time of the trade. This from an organization that is in the top 5 for minor leagues, Detroit being dead last.

Anyone scoffing at this trade is just being ignorant.

Pretty sure the only concern would be his size. He's already 6'3 230? They've been playing him at 1B a little this year.

Pirates get 3rd baseman Aramis Ramirez from the Brewers for minor league pitcher Yhonathan Barrios.

Pretty sure the only concern would be his size. He's already 6'3 230? They've been playing him at 1B a little this year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...gham-to-as-trade-details-scouting-report-more

Chosen in the sixth round of the amateur draft in 2013, Oakland is getting excellent value on a catcher in Nottingham with tremendous upside as a batter and a developed 6'3", 227-pound frame to stay durable behind the plate. If he can continue honing his defensive fundamentals, an MLB leap ought to be feasible within the next two to three years.

Pirates get 3rd baseman Aramis Ramirez from the Brewers for minor league pitcher Yhonathan Barrios.

At 37, Ramirez is almost done. This might be it for him. A mid grade minor league reliever is about right.

NEW YORK -- The Mets are close to a deal with the Atlanta Braves to acquire third baseman Juan Uribe and lefty-hitting utility player Kelly Johnson, league sources told ESPN's Jim Bowden.

Uribe, who primarily has played third base in recent seasons, is hitting a combined .272 with eight homers and 23 RBIs with the Braves and Los Angeles Dodgers this season. Uribe, 36, is earning $6.5 million in the final year of his contract.

Johnson, 33, is hitting .275 with nine homers and 34 RBIs. He has appeared at first, second and third base and both corner outfield positions this season. He is earning $1.5 million.

The Mets will send right-handers Michael Gant and Rob Whalen to the Braves, the New York Post reported.

Gant, 22, is a combined 6-5 with a 3.52 ERA in 17 starts between Class A St. Lucie and Double-A Binghamton this season. Whalen is 4-5 with a 3.36 ERA in 15 appearances (14 starts) for St. Lucie.

http://espn.go.com/newyork/mlb/stor...quire-juan-uribe-kelly-johnson-atlanta-braves

Read today that the Mets could be interested in trading Zack Wheeler. Coming off TJ surgery, but under team control til 2020. Cespedes for Wheeler?

I'd love to see who the Reds get in return for Cueto. It will set the minimum for Price, and help DD or Illitch decide if a trade is worthwhile.

Reds trade Cueto to Royals for LHPs Brandon Finnegan, John Lamb and Cody Ree

It is depressing watching other teams going for it while we flounder in the wind :(

The Los Angeles Angels have acquired veteran outfielder Shane Victorino and cash from the Boston Red Sox in a trade for infielder Josh Rutledge.

Victorino mostly played right field for Boston, but is likely to play in left field against left-handed pitchers for the Angels. Los Angeles has struggled mightily at the position since owner Arte Moreno got rid of Josh Hamilton in April.

Matt Joyce was expected to be the primary starter in left, but he is batting .178 in an awful season. Joyce also might have incurred a concussion in Sunday's win over Texas. Rutledge has spent this season in the minors after playing in 105 games for the Angels last season.

The Mets acquired A's closer Tyler Clippard and cash on Monday in exchange for pitching prospect Casey Meisner, giving manager Terry Collins another established arm to team with Jeurys Familia, Bobby Parnell and Jenrry Mejia at the back of his bullpen.

Clippard, 30, owns a 2.79 ERA in 37 appearances for the A's. The two-time All-Star has posted a 2.65 career ERA in seven seasons since becoming a reliever, saving 32 games as Washington's closer in 2012 and another 17 this season for the A's. His peripheral numbers have fallen off this season -- with a career-high walk rate and career-low strikeout rate, not counting his two years as a starter. But he still represents an upgrade over several inconsistent members of New York's bullpen.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/139038114/mets-acquire-tyler-clippard-from-as

Back