Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline

Heyman said Ajax and Smyly to Seattle, not he says Ajax to Seattle and Drew to Tampa

Right, but he said trading the Seawolves, which include Travis and Moya, on top of Porcello. That's too much.

I don't think the issue was who the Tigers were giving up. Obviously I was exaggerating for effect. You thought Price was a three-month rental, when he wasn't.

I don't think the issue was who the Tigers were giving up. Obviously I was exaggerating for effect. You thought Price was a three-month rental, when he wasn't.

Yes, and I re-adressed that point as well.

Bowden identified Bastardo as option No. 1. The Tigers reportedly have interest in him, and Bowden says he could be had in exchange for pitching prospects Melvin Mercedes and Zac Reininger.

Bowden identified Bastardo as option No. 1. The Tigers reportedly have interest in him, and Bowden says he could be had in exchange for pitching prospects Melvin Mercedes and Zac Reininger.

It's 4:45. Deadline has expired.

The only way now is through Waivers.

That was the first time that I can remember a player being taken out in the middle of an at bat because of a trade. Anyone know the rules on that? Would the umpires have stopped the game had Brad not come out, forcing a switch? Would the Tigers have to forfeit if Jackson continued playing?

That was the first time that I can remember a player being taken out in the middle of an at bat because of a trade. Anyone know the rules on that? Would the umpires have stopped the game had Brad not come out, forcing a switch? Would the Tigers have to forfeit if Jackson continued playing?

The trade had to finalized by 4pm. They were hoping to let him finish the inning, but it got too close to 4 so they had to pull him to get the trade in. I'm guessing that they wouldn't have been able to process the trade with him in the game.

The real risk if if he would have gotten hurt.

I was thinking the same thing , knowing the Tigers luck Jackson woulda seperated a shoulder or some shit diving for a ball .....oh wait he woulda actually had to dive for once haha

Cespedes is an absolute beast in the outfield. He's only been in the league a few years, and has already shown great power.

Lester is going to be there for a few months. If Oakland doesn't get a WS out of this season, it was a waste. I get it's speculation, but I doubt that Lester will be fired up for the remainder. He wants to be back in Boston. His heart is elsewhere.

I was being nice saying Gomes is okay. He's not that good. In his defense, he fights well.

That's because Boston wasn't using Gomes well. . He needs to be used against LH only. Oakland also has a platoon for him that should bat against RP only. Defense aside the platoon should work well.

Back