Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump wins, but...

3+ more million voted for Clinton so maybe liberals have more guns than the right thinks. I don't see the connection. Have you been sniffing glue again?

Just an FYI:
The final shoe to drop that really matters to the outcome of the 2016 presidential election fell yesterday as the Electoral College lifted Donald Trump to the White House, ending quite possibly the most unlikely winning bid for the office ever. Today we have the denouement: the final certified popular vote returns from the 50 states and the District of Columbia.

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 2,864,974, which is 2.1 percent of the total vote. That is the second-largest margin (by percentage) by which anyone who lost the electoral vote has won the popular vote since the 1824 election, which was actually resolved by the U.S. House. The still-all-time champion among votes decided by the Electoral College remains the 1876 contest (wherein the ?loser,? Samuel Tilden, actually won the popular vote by 3 percent), but that?s a misleading precedent since a bipartisan commission adjudicated disputed electoral votes and the whole thing was the subject of a vast bargain which, among other things, ended congressional Reconstruction of the South. Clinton?s margin significantly exceeds that of the most recent victim of the Electoral College, Al Gore in 2000, who won the popular vote by a mere 543,816. Whatever indirect assistance Trump may have received from a certain country where vodka is very popular, he did not need judicial intervention to prevail, the way George W. Bush did.

Nothing but the facts unlike the party of the right .. let's see the last 3 elections the gop has won the presidential palace because of gerrymandering and politics...

Really? Presidential elections are decided by politics?

No offense Bob -And I didn't vote for Trump and I never would-but it seems to me you're kind of becoming the liberal version of T Smith.

Gerrymandering has effects on elections but it has nothing to do with the presidential election. Electoral votes are assigned purely on a states population, except of course for the two electoral votes that each state has for each of its senators. Except of course for the two electoral votes that each state has for each of its senators. No state can gerrymander its way to a larger population.

Also-and I am neither a Democrat or a republican-both parties gerrymander election districts when they are in power.

The Democratic Party is monolithically powerful here in California-you actually think democratic California lawmakers don't gerrymander the hell out of the election districts here?

-------Clinton-------Trump------Others
CA---8,753,788---4,483,810---943,997
IL----3,090,729---2,146,015---299,680
NY---4,547,218---2,814,346---348,562

To other poster's points.
-----16,391,735---9,444,171

Difference - 6,947,564

So not only is the margin in California greater than the margin of victory, but those three states would seriously decide every election. Since they are all blue, I'm sure everyone thinks that's fair.

Last edited:
There you go again being disrespectful like always when someone answers a question on this board.. your a clueless individual like always .

Disrespectful? I'm offering you a viable excuse for making a fool of yourself. I think it's pretty clear who the clueless individual is.

I think it also has something to do with the fact that they voted against Hillary while accepting that Hillary was going to win anyway - many of them didn't believe Trump had a chance of winning the election. Maybe now they're emboldened by having voted for the winning team.

If you really like Trump, but were afraid/embarrassed to say anything because you thought he was going to lose, but now you're super vocal because he won then I would say you've got some real self esteem issues.

I'm also glad you made the point about the 'winning team'. Really drives me nuts when I see 'sore loser/winner' when voters are concerned. It's not a fucking contest, we're all in this together. (I'm not speaking to you specifically, just out loud at people I've seen guilty of it.)

If you really like Trump, but were afraid/embarrassed to say anything because you thought he was going to lose, but now you're super vocal because he won then I would say you've got some real self esteem issues.

I'm also glad you made the point about the 'winning team'. Really drives me nuts when I see 'sore loser/winner' when voters are concerned. It's not a fucking contest, we're all in this together. (I'm not speaking to you specifically, just out loud at people I've seen guilty of it.)

I think you're misreading or reading too much into my post. i'm not saying they really liked Trump then or even now or were too "afraid or embarrassed". I'm not at all surprised to see some attitudes change from people who didn't care because they thought they were voting for a guy who had no chance of winning particularly after seeing all the chicken littles freaking out.

Guilty of what? I didn't vote for Trump so I'm not gloating over his victory but I'm objective enough to see there clearly are a lot of sore losers here. An election definitely is a contest with a clear winner and a clear loser. Unfortunately, when one side loses they don't shake hands and say "good game" and move on. They throw fits, host riots, assault their opponents and destroy other peoples' property.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, when one side loses they don't shake hands and say "good game" and move on. They throw fits, host riots, assault their opponents and destroy other peoples' property.

And when one side 'wins' they gloat and taunt the other side endlessly. Give and take. I'm not excusing either side for their shitty behavior. I've seen both sides preach unity and then in the same breath spout bullshit rhetoric that does nothing else BUT divide.

The vast majority of protests have been peaceful, whether they're misguided or not. Women marching because they're afraid of an incoming administration's policies might 'take away their birth control' is no different than all the right's protests that Obama was going to 'take away their guns' other than it being better organized (unlike election day, how Democratic of them...whoops).

The vast majority of protests have been peaceful, whether they're misguided or not. Women marching because they're afraid of an incoming administration's policies might 'take away their birth control' is no different than all the right's protests that Obama was going to 'take away their guns' other than it being better organized (unlike election day, how Democratic of them...whoops).

Best sign of the week goes to the lady that proudly held up "if abortion is murder than blowjobs are canibalism."

Best sign of the week goes to the lady that proudly held up "if abortion is murder than blowjobs are canibalism."

Joke time:

Told my wife I was so stressed that only a blowjob would help...

...She asked me where I was going to find a dick to suck at this time of night.

And when one side 'wins' they gloat and taunt the other side endlessly. Give and take. I'm not excusing either side for their shitty behavior. I've seen both sides preach unity and then in the same breath spout bullshit rhetoric that does nothing else BUT divide.

So they think that Trump is going to ban rubbers, birth control pills, IUDs and other forms of birth control?

yeah, that happens - not everyone is a good sport. But I don't really see a whole lot of taunting from the winning side here - at least not that rises to the level of butt hurt I'm seeing from the losing side. None of that changes the fact that there is definitely a winner and a loser.

There were over 200 arrests in DC alone on inauguration day. A car was torched, windows were smashed and people were assaulted. Several groups attempted to disrupt the Deploraball by planting stink bombs in the buildings ventilation system and/or physically assaulting attendees. Most protests may have been peaceful, but the vast majority? And how big was the "don't take our guns" march after Obama's inauguration? Did Toby Keith take the stage to say he'd thought about blowing up the White House in an expletive laden rant? If you're going to say it's no different, you need to have some evidence to back it up. How much property was destroyed during Obama's inauguration? How many arrests were made? How many police were injured while keeping the "peace"? How many prominent conservatives or celebrities were calling for marshall law and/or assassination of the President? How much violence occurred at tea party rallies? Virtually every instance of violence was from leftist agitators and all those racist signs at rallies were shown to be more libs posing as tea party racists to smear the movement. You can find video of tea partiers cleaning up the mess after their rallies - the dirty smelly hippies left the tax payers of New York with the bill to clean up after the disgusting mess they made in Zuccoti Park. I'm not saying one side doesn't protest or sometimes do inappropriate things but to say there's no difference is simply not true.

Last edited:
So they think that Trump is going to ban rubbers, birth control pills, IUDs and other forms of birth control?

worse. they think he is going to go into their medicine cabinets and night stands and confiscate the ones they already have.

yeah, that happens - not everyone is a good sport. But I don't really see a whole lot of taunting from the winning side here - at least not that rises to the level of butt hurt I'm seeing from the losing side. None of that changes the fact that there is definitely a winner and a loser.

There were over 200 arrests in DC alone on inauguration day. A car was torched, windows were smashed and people were assaulted. Most protests may have been peaceful, but the vast majority? And how big was the "don't take our guns" march after Obama's innauguration? Did Toby Keith take the stage to say he'd thought about blowing up the White House in an expletive laden rant?
Oh NOOOOOO......a burnt car and a stabucks window. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Oh NOOOOOO......a burnt car and a stabucks window. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

oh noooooo...a libtard tries to downplay violence and vandalism and ignores facts because he can't make a merit based argument.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

over 200 arrests in DC alone. Windows smashed at a Starbucks and BofA building (btw, how f'n stupid are these people - starbucks and BofA were both HUGE Clinton donors), something like a dozen police officers injured by rioters. And who are you kidding - a car gets torched and it's no big deal? did you grow up in Gaza?

Last edited:
Disrespectful? I'm offering you a viable excuse for making a fool of yourself. I think it's pretty clear who the clueless individual is.

Clearly your a idiotic nincompop as always.. I answer a question , saying that liberals own guns too and you Gop gun loving fools can't stand it and have a fit
It is pretty funny actually.

Last edited:

Probably? I don't know, not a woman and I didn't march. My neighbors kept telling me how Obama was going to take my guns away and that I should stock up on ammo. I consider both sides paranoid to be honest.

Back