Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

USA vs. Netherlands WC Final

Damn why so early? Guess I will catch the beginning in the airport.

Last edited:
USA is 6-1 all time verses Netherlands. Last game played between the two teams was in 2016. That score was 3-1. The only win for Netherlands came in 1991. Teams have never meet in a World Cup game.

Last edited:
Damn why so early? Guess I will catch the beginning in the airport.

A person could be in any airport anywhere in the world any time any international event could be scheduled to begin, also, again, anywhere in the world.

That said, they?re probably starting it so early just to vex you.

Will be 5PM in France.

Plus its the weekend.

Wimbledon began this morning at 8 AM Eastern time.

I think they take the first Sunday of the Fortnite off, so I think there are no matches tomorrow.

It?s good training for yanks to be prepared for the open championship coming up around the middle of July.

Speaking of Wimbledon, I have coverage on right now, Rafa Nadal is being interviewed and the reporter asked him “how do you measure a year?”

It would’ve been really funny if he had answered for “525,600 minutes.”

But then again, maybe he never saw “Rent.”

No one wants to say it but it's woman soccer. LPGA makes less than the PGA, WNBA makes less than the NBA. That's the way it works, get more fans and maybe you can compete for similar money.

No one wants to say it but it's woman soccer. LPGA makes less than the PGA, WNBA makes less than the NBA. That's the way it works, get more fans and maybe you can compete for similar money.

What are you talking about?

This is what everyone is saying.

LOL, I agree. I don't think it's a gender discrimination issue.

who pays the national teams? US Soccer is a private institution (more or less) right?

If they're getting paid out of public funds I do think they have a gripe.

LOL, I agree. I don't think it's a gender discrimination issue.

who pays the national teams? US Soccer is a private institution (more or less) right?

If they're getting paid out of public funds I do think they have a gripe.

I?m Seeing that they?re paid by the US soccer Federation, described as a private nonprofit.

WSJ reporting the women have been out earning the men.

So maybe in fact they should be being paid more.

Paywall tinsel.

The payouts for Women's world cup is determined by FIFA not the national FA.

Going to assume the majority of that money is coming from TV rights fees.

Wonder what the total rights fees are mens compared to womens. Its a no brainer that the men's will be considerably higher, the question is how much more.

Everyone’s favorite Rapinoe makes a penalty kick to put the US ahead 1-0.

Where are you actual soccer fans? Maybe you’re at watching parties.

Back