Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Was predictable playcalling overblown?

dtroitlionsfan951

I remember the media always complaining about the fact that opposing defenses knew our plays. But watch a game where Romo is commentator and he practically knows all the calls coming as well.

I remember the media always complaining about the fact that opposing defenses knew our plays. But watch a game where Romo is commentator and he practically knows all the calls coming as well.

He does that every game he calls... I'd say he's smarter than most d coordinators

But players actually came out and admitted that they knew our plays. And Romo predicts calls but he calls a couple different ones each time and looks like a genius lol. I like him tho...

Saw lots of short screens and runs at wrong time yesterday. Its all about execution and winning.

Saw lots of short screens and runs at wrong time yesterday. Its all about execution and winning.

I wouldnt say the wrong time....alot of the times its based on the look youre getting and your ability to be flexible. Cooter and Stafford are terrible at checking into the correct call. How often did Romo tell us Brady was checking out of something last night...then theyd pop a run for like 8-10 yards. You could put 35 guys in the box and Stafford will run his back right into it....thats the difference. Thats why Cooter is fired and Stafford sucked all year.

I wouldnt say the wrong time....alot of the times its based on the look youre getting and your ability to be flexible. Cooter and Stafford are terrible at checking into the correct call. How often did Romo tell us Brady was checking out of something last night...then theyd pop a run for like 8-10 yards. You could put 35 guys in the box and Stafford will run his back right into it....thats the difference. Thats why Cooter is fired and Stafford sucked all year.

Stafford does the same thing. Its just fucking execution and blocking. Check to run with Blount and Blount fails 9 times out of 10. Everyone else ran well but Kerryon got hurt. Riddick and Zenner had good YPC too. Blount sucked and was overused

Back