Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We should be sellers

The Tigers attempted to become a "speed" team. They got Kinsler, Jackson and Rajai and we were suppose to stop being a station to station team. Issue is/was, they don't want to run and take the bat out of Miggy or Victor's hands. The team is Righthanded hitting dominant and cannot make the opposing pitcher to labor, because they have no idea to grind out an AB when a pitcher is on. The team makes tons of defensive mental mistakes (i.e. over throwing the cutoff man). They are the worst team in baseball over the last 3-5 years at getting thrown out advancing and baserunning in general. The team (ala Ausmus) leads all of baseball for Blown Quality Starts. The pitchers as a whole tend to groove 0-2 pitches right down the pike.

I can handle losing and if they were just getting beat by a better team. But they aren't. They are beating themselves and that irritates me. I cannot stand watching poorly executed baseball. That is on the manager and coaches, first and foremost. But next, I doubt we have a serious leader in the clubhouse. Everyone wants to say Victor, but what exactly has he done? From the fan perspective, it doesn't appear the players are policing themselves. And I cannot stand the "beer google" sign, especially when you are a .500 team.

Brad Ausmus is not a good manager.

Back