Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Week One MNF

Teams that would surprise me alot making the playoffs: Vikings, Rams
Surprise me some: Redksins, Cowboys, Bucs, Falcons
Wouldn't surprise me at all: Detroit,Giants,Eagles,Chicago,Arizona
Expected to make undeserving to be expected: Saints,Panthers, Green Bay
Expected to make playoffs deserving: Seattle,San Francisco

Surprised if made deep playoff run: Vikings,Rams,Falcons,Redksins,Cowboys,Bucs,Panthers
Wouldn't surprise me playoff run: Detroit,Giants,Eagles,Chicago,Arizona,Saints,Packers
Expected playoff run: Seattle, San Francisco

You just picked 9 of the 16 NFC teams that "wouldn't surprise" you if they made a playoff run.

LOL

Way to go out on a limb!

You can't imagine it? One team has the best WR on the planet and a plethora of weapons on offense. The best DT in the game today in Suh. While NY is probably one of the more popular teams on the planet. Yeah, it's real fn confusing lol.

Watch something else....don't hurt yourself.

You're an idiot if you think Detroit vs NYG is a must watch game. Other teams have big time players as well..it's not just CJ and Suh and then everyone else..

Last edited:
You just picked 9 of the 16 NFC teams that "wouldn't surprise" you if they made a playoff run.

LOL

Way to go out on a limb!

NFC is strong and tough. Won't be easy for Detroit but they have the talent to do it.

You're an idiot if you think Detroit vs NYG is a must watch game. Other teams have big time players as well..it's not just CJ and Suh and then everyone else..

MUST watch?? No, but it's a game loaded with stars, genius. And no shit there are other stars in the NFL!! Did you figure that one out all by yourself or did your buddy Hughes help you out on that one? lol.

And whether you helmet wearers want to believe it or not, players like Stafford, Bush, Tate, Fairley, Manning and Cruz are players that people want to see on the stage. But do yourself a favor and go rent a movie that night because you're probably going to stress yourself out thinking about it too much.

MUST watch?? No, but it's a game loaded with stars, genius. And no shit there are other stars in the NFL!! Did you figure that one out all by yourself or did your buddy Hughes help you out on that one? lol.

And whether you helmet wearers want to believe it or not, players like Stafford, Bush, Tate, Fairley, Manning and Cruz are players that people want to see on the stage. But do yourself a favor and go rent a movie that night because you're probably going to stress yourself out thinking about it too much.

So people are going to watch because we have Tate? Fairley? I could go on, no one watches to see those guys..

"NO football tonight" - Wife

"But Hon it's Tate and Fairley" - Stupid husband.

:lmao:

So people are going to watch because we have Tate? Fairley? I could go on, no one watches to see those guys..

I don't think there are too many "must watch" stars in the NFL. Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers are the only ones I can think of. There are some teams that are must watch IMO because they are "super bowl contenders" and the Lions aren't in that category.

I don't think the typial NFL fan will turn on the game just because it is the Lions. Most fans probably think "same shitty Lions....why watch?" Hell, since Barry left most NFL fans I know (that aren't Lions fans) hate that the Lions are on every Thanksgiving because they would rather watch a different team.

I don't think there are too many "must watch" stars in the NFL. Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers are the only ones I can think of. There are some teams that are must watch IMO because they are "super bowl contenders" and the Lions aren't in that category.

I don't think the typial NFL fan will turn on the game just because it is the Lions. Most fans probably think "same shitty Lions....why watch?" Hell, since Barry left most NFL fans I know (that aren't Lions fans) hate that the Lions are on every Thanksgiving because they would rather watch a different team.

Truth. But if I look at it from a non fan perspective the game on Thursday and Sunday blow Mondays away.

I expected this..lol. You're clueless. How the fuck do you know who anybody wants to see personally? You don't. Neither do i, but i just named some pretty good football players that are fun to watch.

Bottom line, it should be a very good game to watch. Just because it probably interferes with your backgammon league night it doesn't mean nobody else wants to tune in.

And Tate is in a brand new offense, brand new team and coming off a SB victory. I know i want to see what he does Week 1. But you don't care, right?? Why would you?

Last edited:
sorry but I gotta say my first initial thought was shock and awe that we were picked for the first mnf game lol....then I thought hmmm....its gotta be against a divisional rival....then I found it was against another team that performed horribly last year and my final thought was...dang...someone got fired for this....

sorry but I gotta say my first initial thought was shock and awe that we were picked for the first mnf game lol....then I thought hmmm....its gotta be against a divisional rival....then I found it was against another team that performed horribly last year and my final thought was...dang...someone got fired for this....

You guys are acting like the first Monday nighter is Houston vs St. Louis. Holy shit, it's not that bad...so fn dramatic, you're worse than a couple of broads for fuck sakes..lol

I'm thinking Thursday/Sunday night must have first dibs or something ..

Back