Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What game are you currently playing?

Cam

Cam’tn Crunch
Administrator
Nashville Sounds
Cleveland Cavaliers
Nashville Kats
Pittsburgh Steelers
Nashville Predators
Tampa Bay Rays
Nashville SC
Vanderbilt Commodores
Pretty basic topic, what video game are you currently playing or most recently played?

I've been playing franchise mode on Madden 24. Been playing with the Steelers. Traded TJ Watt and a treasure trove of picks for the #1 overall pick and drafted Caleb Williams. I've won a couple Super Bowls with him already!

How about you guys?

I was thinking about this te other day it's been awhile since I've played anything knew. I might restart Divinity: Original Sin 2 or go back to a couple go to games of mine, Mass Effect 2-3 and Assassin Creed 2. Those are always fun.

Reactions: Cam
Madden 24. Online vs mode. I like the 5 minute quarters and listening to grown men act like fucking babies when they get smoked.

I hate Ultimate Team. I would love to get into a competitive online franchise mode.

Madden 24. Online vs mode. I like the 5 minute quarters and listening to grown men act like fucking babies when they get smoked.

I hate Ultimate Team. I would love to get into a competitive online franchise mode.

Maybe we can set up one for the DSF crew here.

I was thinking about this te other day it's been awhile since I've played anything knew. I might restart Divinity: Original Sin 2 or go back to a couple go to games of mine, Mass Effect 2-3 and Assassin Creed 2. Those are always fun.
I try to do a yearly Mass Effect run-through, such a fantastic series! The first game gets criticized a lot because it did have issues, but it's a fun game all around and then you run straight into two absolutely sublime sequels in 2 and 3. BioWare were at their peak with the core Mass Effect games.

I play electronic chess on my phone. Consider me a nerd. Once in a while, I upload Tecmo Bowl on my phone, pick the Lions, call my coach Cam Dambell, load up the team and win a championship in dynamic mode.

I try to do a yearly Mass Effect run-through, such a fantastic series! The first game gets criticized a lot because it did have issues, but it's a fun game all around and then you run straight into two absolutely sublime sequels in 2 and 3. BioWare were at their peak with the core Mass Effect games.

Yes they were. And today Mass Effect is still a good play through, well maybe not number 4. Though somehow I played through that twice.

I play electronic chess on my phone. Consider me a nerd. Once in a while, I upload Tecmo Bowl on my phone, pick the Lions, call my coach Cam Dambell, load up the team and win a championship in dynamic mode.

We're all nerds if we're in this section. I play a lot of chess too.

Yes they were. And today Mass Effect is still a good play through, well maybe not number 4. Though somehow I played through that twice.
Andromeda left so much on the table. It had the potential to be a great new start for Mass Effect, but I think it suffered from actually being a Mass Effect game. I feel like if it had been within the Mass Effect universe, but not actually given the Mass Effect title it could've put more people in the right mindset for it and given it more of a home. It's not a terrible game, by any stretch, but it definitely lags behind the core trio.

Dove back into some GTA V on my PS5 last night. It?s been a while, but blowing things up is always fun.

Dove back into some GTA V on my PS5 last night. It?s been a while, but blowing things up is always fun.
That's a good one, I haven't GTA'd in a good while, either. Always fun for some random violence.

That's a good one, I haven't GTA'd in a good while, either. Always fun for some random violence.
The last one I played all the way through was San Andreas. But I stopped buying new game consoles after the PS2, and only relented and got the xbox for my kids a couple years ago.

Game I'm currently playing is Fortnite! I even started a thread on it.

I've gotta take a break from it though, because it's getting too addictive, and I need my sleep.

The last one I played all the way through was San Andreas. But I stopped buying new game consoles after the PS2, and only relented and got the xbox for my kids a couple years ago.

I've gotta take a break from it though, because it's getting too addictive, and I need my sleep.

Never played Fortnite before. Falling from the sky where you start wacking people with a wrench never appealed to me. I played the first GTA but I just drove around and crashed.

Last edited:
Never played Fortnite before. Falling from the sky where you start wacking people with a wrench never appealed to me. I played the first GTA but I just drove around and crashed.

you only need to use the wrench when you first drop, until you pick up a gun. and it's customizable... you don't have to use a wrench; you can make your melee weapon a pickaxe, sword, chainsaw, or even a giant ice cream cone (they all do the same damage in the game)

The rush you get from the kill-or-be-killed environment is intense. The first couple times I played my heart would be thumping.

Like... you're checking a box for weapons and ammo, and you hear footsteps of someone coming... the adrenaline really kicks in. It's just a game though, sure, but man... with the volume up and on a 50 or 60 inch screen... it's a lot. Tough to sleep after that.

you only need to use the wrench when you first drop, until you pick up a gun. and it's customizable... you don't have to use a wrench; you can make your melee weapon a pickaxe, sword, chainsaw, or even a giant ice cream cone (they all do the same damage in the game)

The rush you get from the kill-or-be-killed environment is intense. The first couple times I played my heart would be thumping.

Like... you're checking a box for weapons and ammo, and you hear footsteps of someone coming... the adrenaline really kicks in. It's just a game though, sure, but man... with the volume up and on a 50 or 60 inch screen... it's a lot. Tough to sleep after that.

A bit too violent for me I suppose. My games are classic point and click, turn-based like XCOM and story driven games like Uncharted, Mass Effect etc. Games where I can take my time in battle. Games with a start and an end..

A bit too violent for me I suppose. My games are classic point and click, turn-based like XCOM and story driven games like Uncharted, Mass Effect etc. Games where I can take my time in battle. Games with a start and an end..

Yeah, I avoided online games in general and games like Fortnite for a long time, in favor of more chill strategy games, chess, or turn based games. but then I experienced the satisfaction of taunting someone with a slow clap, after easily killing them with a shotgun blast to the head as they furiously climbed up into my sniper nest (instead of prudently running away from it), and wow...

...like THAT's entertainment!

Last edited by a moderator:

You should give the new GTA a try, it's quite violent, but it's fun!

I've tried Fortnite and PUBG and Overwatch, they're just not for me. I love story-based games, and I'm pretty awful at first-person shooters. Lots of people enjoy those sorts of games, though, and it's great to enjoy them!

You should give the newer GTA a try, and the Saints Row games -- those are single player and story-based, but they're also very similar to early GTA, but also very fun. Vulgar, but fun.

Have you played the Bioshock games? One of my absolute favourite series. The story is so immersive, the hunt for items is fascinating, the different settings are absolutely wonderful, and the ability to make use of various powers to create traps, etc. is very inventive! I love the original System Shock games, too, SHODAN remains one of my favourite video game villains of all time, but the Bioshock games are exquisite and well worth a shot if you never have.

Have you played the Bioshock games? One of my absolute favourite series. The story is so immersive, the hunt for items is fascinating, the different settings are absolutely wonderful, and the ability to make use of various powers to create traps, etc. is very inventive! I love the original System Shock games, too, SHODAN remains one of my favourite video game villains of all time, but the Bioshock games are exquisite and well worth a shot if you never have.

Bioshock 1st person shooters, eh? I don't play 1st-person shooters. At all.

Fair enough, they are FPS, but they're quite a bit more than your typical FPS :)

My eyes - probmatic through life (enough for surgery) just can't deal with them. I always wanted those games to be made into a 3rd person as well but no luck. So once I see a game that looks like fun is first person I go elsewhere..

No problem, lots of games out there. I think I'm going to play XCOM 2: WOTC for the umpteenth time on my laptop. Great mods for this game. Already over 1000 hours maybe I can get to 2000.

Last edited:
Back