Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

White out for most of the season

was he the guy that landed awkwardly in the end zone against CMU? was that the play?

I believe this is what caused it, yes. Also the emoji is 🙄 for Spartan23

Really missing hunter Rison right about now. Still can?t believe he transferred given the amount of time and notable targets he got as a freshman here.

White will miss a month or more. He could actually return fairly quickly.

Just one of those seasons on the injury front.

So far:
#1 corner has not played, will only be back for the last few games of the season.
#1 WR now hurt, will miss a month or so.
Starting LT has barely played, looks like he may start Saturday
Starting RG missed a couple games, may be back Saturday
Starting LG is banged up and has missed time
Starting RT is banged up and has not played at RT yet because of the other injuries.
#1 RB has missed 2+ games
#4 WR Nailor missed the last game
#3 WR Stewart missed last game and a half.
#1 FB is out hurt
Starting DE missed a couple games
etc etc etc.

The constant O line injuries season after season are a concern. I think our blocking schemes increase injuries and I also think the training must be off somehow. We've not had a stable O line here for but 1 or 2 seasons in the last 10.

The good news is that Jarvis, Stewart, LJ Scott, Chewins, Nailor, and J Panusiuk should all be back Saturday.

Last edited:

So far:
#1 corner has not played, will only be back for the last few games of the season.
Starting RT is banged up and has not played at RT yet because of the other injuries.
#1 FB is out hurt
etc etc etc.

The constant O line injuries season after season are a concern. I think our blocking schemes increase injuries and I also think the training must be off somehow. We've not had a stable O line here for but 1 or 2 seasons in the last 10.

The good news is that Jarvis, Stewart, LJ Scott, Chewins, Nailor, and J Panusiuk should all be back Saturday.

ok, but let's be honest, the line sucked when it was just Chewins who was hurt and LJ Scott had been at best a distant second best RB when he played. Also, isn't Davis the #1 receiver?

ok, but let's be honest, the line sucked when it was just Chewins who was hurt and LJ Scott had been at best a distant second best RB when he played. Also, isn't Davis the #1 receiver?

he played well the first game, rushing yardage wasn't great but he had some big receptions as well, also, he was much better at blitz pickups than the other backs. He's not an all American but his loss really hurts, it's hard to judge the lack of running game until he's healthy and in the lineup. I think he's going to play today, he dressed the last two weeks, hopefully he can get some reps today before the schedule gets really tough

So far:
#1 FB is out hurt
etc etc etc.

just hoping we can get healthy as the schedule gets tough, there are years where we were very lucky with injuries like 2013, 2014, 2017, this doesn't look like one of those years.

Everyone was excited about MSU returning 19 of 22 starters, but given the injuries we're playing with 12 or 13 of those guys week in and week out. This might be a situation where the early bye helps us.

he played well the first game, rushing yardage wasn't great but he had some big receptions as well, also, he was much better at blitz pickups than the other backs. He's not an all American but his loss really hurts, it's hard to judge the lack of running game until he's healthy and in the lineup. I think he's going to play today, he dressed the last two weeks, hopefully he can get some reps today before the schedule gets really tough

LJ Scott has been horrible in pass protection and picking up blitzes - go back and watch the tape and read the first couple game threads here. Heyward was better than him in every aspect of the game, especially blocking. He found the holes better, was better after contact - I don't recall Scott getting many receptions so I'll take your word for it there, but he was clearly by Heyward outshined in the first game and the second too if I recall correctly.

I'm fine giving him another chance today given the opponent but I think it's time for the coaches to seriously consider making him the second option.

Last edited:
Hartbarger is out for the season, will apply for a medical redshirt.

No penalty called...

I wish I could say the injury situation is improving, but it's really not.

Josh Butler is out and didn't play yesterday.
Luke Campbell is hurt and saw only a couple snaps yesterday.
Chambers has a thumb injury and will play with a soft cast next week.
Nelson has an ankle, but should be available.
Jarvis is close to returning.
Stewart should be back next week.
LJ Scott might be done for the year, rumor is torn ligament in ankle.
Josiah Scott is a couple weeks away yet.
Cody White is a couple weeks away still
Brandon Sowards is banged up but will play.
Colin Lucas is still out.

Getting a healthy Chewins back made a huge difference for the O Line, he was rusty and got beat a couple times, but he was excellent most of the game and had several pancakes on run plays.

Why is Conor Heyward still getting half the carries of any other back? The guy is a beast and he's gone from backing up Scott to backing up Jefferson. I don't get it - he appears to be better than both those guys. Dantonio is looking like Bret Bielema in the 2011 Rose Bowl when he benched John Clay and went with Montee Ball when Ball went nowhere and Clay averaged 9 yards a clip against TCU.

Yes, Davis is without a doubt the #1 WR.

I wish I could say the injury situation is improving, but it's really not.

Josh Butler is out and didn't play yesterday.
Luke Campbell is hurt and saw only a couple snaps yesterday.
Chambers has a thumb injury and will play with a soft cast next week.
Nelson has an ankle, but should be available.
Jarvis is close to returning.
Stewart should be back next week.
LJ Scott might be done for the year, rumor is torn ligament in ankle.
Josiah Scott is a couple weeks away yet.
Cody White is a couple weeks away still
Brandon Sowards is banged up but will play.
Colin Lucas is still out.

Getting a healthy Chewins back made a huge difference for the O Line, he was rusty and got beat a couple times, but he was excellent most of the game and had several pancakes on run plays.

I've read that Jarvis and Stewart will play, we're getting 2 starters back and that's a positive.

Felton was hurt late in the game too, not sure if that will linger. he may have been able to bounce back and score that TD on adrenaline, but who knows if he's ok.

You also forgot about Nailor. We played last week with our #1 receiver, but had injuries to #2 (White), #3 (Stewart), #4 (Nailor), and then had an injury during the game to #5 (Chambers), and maybe #6 (Sowards) who didn't play in the second half.

I think you can't blame Lewerke for his poor QB rating, the guy simply has no weapons on offense. This would be a great season to have productive tight ends, but those guys give us next to nothing.

I've read that Jarvis and Stewart will play, we're getting 2 starters back and that's a positive.

Felton was hurt late in the game too, not sure if that will linger. he may have been able to bounce back and score that TD on adrenaline, but who knows if he's ok.

You also forgot about Nailor. We played last week with our #1 receiver, but had injuries to #2 (White), #3 (Stewart), #4 (Nailor), and then had an injury during the game to #5 (Chambers), and maybe #6 (Sowards) who didn't play in the second half.

I think you can't blame Lewerke for his poor QB rating, the guy simply has no weapons on offense. This would be a great season to have productive tight ends, but those guys give us next to nothing.

I've heard Jarvis and Stewart should be back too. No idea on Nailor.

And I've also heard that Cody White will give it a go, he's got a fitted soft cast on, but can still catch the ball.

I've also heard that LJ might be done for the season now.

I've heard Jarvis and Stewart should be back too. No idea on Nailor.

And I've also heard that Cody White will give it a go, he's got a fitted soft cast on, but can still catch the ball.

I've also heard that LJ might be done for the season now.
If cody could do anything that would be huge.
ae31e66ed374d4ddf48f23f796880876.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not worth a new thread, but our fill in punter is now done for the year in a non contact injury. This is absolutely unreal.

Lewerke our tomorrow too. Yay.

We have 23 players who are contributors who have missed games hurt their year.

Back