Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

WikiLeaks revealing how scummy the DNC is

You said that Hillary accused him of waging a war on women with no evidence. I present his interviews and twitter account as evidence

no, I didnt say that. i said she accused her opponents (plural) meaning conservatives of engaging I a war on women. she was referring to the Republican platform when she made those comments - way before this election cycle.

Last edited:
Of course immigration needs to be reformed and securing and patrolling our border needs to be done but the wall is just window dressing. Never mind the cost and impractical nature of it (it's all private property), but if you're concerned about keeping us safe from terrorists, it's a very expensive means to an insignificant end.

ISIS isn't looking to infiltrate the US through Mexico or Syrian refugees, they'll look to inspire American citizens. The wall will make some people feel good but as far as the real results that are delivered, well, you're better off concentrating your efforts elsewhere.

This is the kind of impractical and largely ineffective simple solution that makes sense to the rubes who vote for Trump and watch UFC.

I'm not a ufc fan, never watch it and couldn't tell you one thing about it..stereotype incorrect

This is the kind of impractical and largely ineffective simple solution that makes sense to the rubes who vote for Trump and watch UFC.

Whoa, whoa...You can kindly fuck off with shit talking UFC and combat sports. I draw the line there. Unless it was a typo and you meant WWF, I'm deeply insulted.

CIA Director Brennan before the Senate Intelligence Committee: "...CIA Director, John Brennan, said that ISIS is training operatives and attempting to enter the U.S. through “refugee flows, smuggling routes and legitimate methods of travel”.

Brennan continued, “Unfortunately, despite all of our progress against ISIL on the battlefield and in the financial realm, our efforts have not reduced the groups terrorism capability and global reach. The resources needed for terrorism are modest. The group would have to suffer even heaver loses on territory, manpower and money for the terrorist capacity to decline significantly.”

#research

Whoa, whoa...You can kindly fuck off with shit talking UFC and combat sports. I draw the line there. Unless it was a typo and you meant WWF, I'm deeply insulted.

I do not understand UFC, but I respect the crap out of those athletes, going back to the Gracies. It's a relatively new sport, correct?

I do not understand UFC, but I respect the crap out of those athletes, going back to the Gracies. It's a relatively new sport, correct?

Comparatively young, yes. It has a long ways to go, judging is still garbage as it goes by boxing standards. They just started USADA drug testing in the UFC and it's showing how dirty the sport has been, was probably even worse.

UFC was just sold to a group for over 4 billion. I have a feeling with that much money invested they will attempt to legitimize MMA even more. I enjoy the sport, stereotypes of fans are slowly eroding but are still prevalent.

I can't stand UFC or Boxing. Any "sport" where the only goal is to injure someone is barbaric IMO

I can't stand UFC or Boxing. Any "sport" where the only goal is to injure someone is barbaric IMO

But not where the risk of injury is high? You can then definitely classify football in that "barbaric" category.

But not where the risk of injury is high? You can then definitely classify football in that "barbaric" category.

no...the risk of injury is different than the only goal being to injure your opponent. That is not the goal in football.

It isn't the only goal at all. The goal is to win the bout. Like byco says, it's a contact sport like football with a fairly high risk of injury.

Injuring his opponent is way down the list of Floyd Mayweather Junior's goals. Mayweather wants to win more rounds and thus when the bout by landing more punches then his opponent.

Mayweather generally doesn't punch really hard because punching hard exposes a puncher more to being hit with counterpunches, and Mayweather has gotten to where he has gotten as a primarily defensive fighter.

It isn't the only goal at all. The goal is to win the bout. Like byco says, it's a contact sport like football with a fairly high risk of injury.

Injuring his opponent is way down the list of Floyd Mayweather Junior's goals. Mayweather wants to win more rounds and thus when the bout by landing more punches then his opponent.

Mayweather generally doesn't punch really hard because punching hard exposes a puncher more to being hit with counterpunches, and Mayweather has gotten to where he has gotten as a primarily defensive fighter.

Leonard, Ali were not brawlers, either. Ali did punish Patterson and Terrell, however.

You can try to spin it anyway you want, but when you are declared the winner when you knock your opponent unconscious by kicking or punching them in the head, the sport is barbaric.

If the outcome of this CTE and concussion research is that the game of football ends up being sissyfied, I'll be ok with it. Just because there's a risk of injury isn't a reason to not do something or to ban people from doing it, but working to understand and minimize those risks is a good thing. If there's ever a way to compete in a tough, physical, hard hitting way, with no risk of injury, then great. But until then, we have to exist in this grey area as best we can. Neither extreme (allowing & encouraging anything people are willing to do for money or a complete ban of all risky or hard hitting sports) is a good idea.

Last edited:
I would also be fine with boxing making head blows illegal, but continuing to exist as a sport.

Back