Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you rather...

Gulo Blue

...give up caffeine or alcohol?

I think I'd have to give up alcohol. Maybe I tilted the playing field by thinking of the question on a Monday morning, but while I talk more about beer than coffee, I think coffee is my primary drug delivery system.

I drink diet coke in the morning and a total of 2 or 3 per day - never developed a taste for coffee. I don't drink alcohol nearly as frequently, but on occasion, I drink more than 2 or 3. I use them in totally different ways and for totally different reasons so it's pretty hard to really nail down which I'd rather give up, or which would be easier to give up. I'd probably say caffeine - it might be harder at first but I think I'd much rather have the option to split a bottle of wine with the wife or get after it at a party with friends than have my daily diet cokes.

Give up alcohol. No contest. I don't drink that much coffee, but I need it, apparently.

Easy decision for me! Give up caffeine.

*leans back in chair and dreams about my well-stocked liquor cabinet*

It depends on what state you live in? if weed was legal I'd give up alcohol, if not. coffee. Coffee is such a part of my morning routine but I could drink decaf. I rarely have more than 3-4 drinks but I couldn't imagine a tailgate or good dinner with friends without a few drinks.

I drink diet coke in the morning and a total of 2 or 3 per day - never developed a taste for coffee. I don't drink alcohol nearly as frequently, but on occasion, I drink more than 2 or 3. I use them in totally different ways and for totally different reasons so it's pretty hard to really nail down which I'd rather give up, or which would be easier to give up. I'd probably say caffeine - it might be harder at first but I think I'd much rather have the option to split a bottle of wine with the wife or get after it at a party with friends than have my daily diet cokes.

Do yourself a favor and research aspartame toxicity

The social aspect might have me rethinking my decision here.

With regrade to aspartame toxicity, I've made the switch to the flavored seltzers or sparkling flavored waters or whatever they're called. I go through a lot of that stuff and I now notice when it's on sale it looks like a pack of wolves hit that part of a shelf in the grocery store. Saw an article call La Croix "methadone for soda addicts".

That's a tough one. I think I'd have to give up alcohol, which on occasion I've thought of doing, but it never seems to stick. And if I do that, then the following morning on weekends I'd probably have less caffeine too.

The social aspect might have me rethinking my decision here.

With regrade to aspartame toxicity, I've made the switch to the flavored seltzers or sparkling flavored waters or whatever they're called. I go through a lot of that stuff and I now notice when it's on sale it looks like a pack of wolves hit that part of a shelf in the grocery store. Saw an article call La Croix "methadone for soda addicts".

It is addictive, i kicked the habit about 3 years ago. once or twice a month, I'll have a regular Coke when paired when I get a salty meal for lunch.

You can thank Donald Rumsfeld for Aspartame though, one of the biggest examples of the old boy network making billions for corporate american and harming the American people.

I would give up caffeine and switch to meth.

Or I would give up alcohol and switch to opiate-based pain meds.

I don't do any caffeine now, don't drink coffee, the only pop I drink on a rare occasion is something like Sprite, or maybe a Faygo without caffeine. No Red Bull, Monster, 5 Hour Energy, Kickstart, RipIt, or any energy drinks have I ever consumed.

So I don't feel I should have to give up alcohol, since it would be the only one I could give up. Which is generally just beer, never wine, and rarely any other spirits.

Giving up Splenda was a tad difficult. Caffeine I need in the morning but latly coffee has not tasted that great. Probably just the brand I guess.

Giving up Splenda was a tad difficult. Caffeine I need in the morning but latly coffee has not tasted that great. Probably just the brand I guess.

Tim Horton's is a favorite of mine (ours). We have to stock up on it whenever we visit MI. Not available in NC.

I recently discovered coffee bean direct. Might be my new regular.

What's funny is that it's cheaper through amazon, not direct.

Last edited:
Back