Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 38 Detroit Tigers vs. Houston Astros, at Comerica Park, May 10, 2024, 6:40 p.m.

byco42

ESPN
Freeeeep
BR Preview

Detroit Tigers (19-18) 4th ALC 4.5 GB Last 10 (4-6) L1
Casey Mize R 1-1 3.98 ERA

Confirmed
  1. 2B Andy Ibanez R
  2. 3B M. Vierling R
  3. DH Mark Canha R
  4. LF Riley Greene L
  5. 1B S. Torkelson R
  6. CF W. Perez S
  7. RF Ryan Vilade R
  8. SS Javier Baez R
  9. C Jake Rogers R

Houston Astros (13-24) 6th ALW 8.0 GB Last 10 (5-5) W1
Framber Valdez L 1-1 3.97 ERA

Confirmed
  1. 2B Jose Altuve R
  2. RF Kyle Tucker L
  3. LF Y. Alvarez L
  4. SS Jeremy Pena R
  5. 1B J. Singleton L
  6. 3B Alex Bregman R
  7. DH Yainer Diaz R
  8. C V. Caratini S
  9. CF Jake Meyers R

0% 65° Wind 8 mph Out
LINE HOU -142 O/U 8.0 Runs

Tigers - Astros Player

Tarik Skubal: Balancing Intensity and Joy for the Game | Have a Seat. 43 minutes.

Happy Friday, and welcome to day 224 since Spencer Torkelson hit a home run. Maybe tonight is the night.

Torkelson is hitting .191 against fastballs and .194 against fastballs in the heart of the zone. His expected batting average against fastballs is .189, which means the balls in play have low exit velocities and unfavorable launch angles. It's a timing issue.

If you are calling for AJ Hinch to be fired..you may be
1. Too stupid to post about baseball.
2. In need of having your drivers license revoked because you are likely too stupid and dangerous to drive.
3. Hungry..because you are too stupid to get food.
MGorosh

Justin Verlander starts Sunday in Detroit.

Tigers are 1-5 in their last 6..and if they played clean Hinch caliber baseball as they did early in April, they would have won all 6 games..can't be offensive deficient and play terrible situational sloppy baseball.

While fans and especially stupid media whine about the Tigers payroll
BAL, CLE, MIL
WSH
all have similar or smaller payrolls..MIL traded their Cy Young caliber #1 SP and lost their manager..its never about the $$$..its always about how you spend it.

Casey Mize has been decent through his first 6 starts.. although his FB has increased in velocity since TJ the overall quality of stuff and his performance is slightly worse than 2021.. something to watch in his next 6 starts.

Tigers prospect Justyn-Henry Malloy hasn't played since Friday due to an undisclosed injury, now missing five games in a row.

Tigers Today podcast: TV man Jason Benetti talks dad jokes, love of naps, idols, and more. 42 minutes.
Detnews

1 got to play good defense
2 I have not called for AJ dismissal.
3 any lineup with tork batting above 7thh right now is not good
4 beaz should bat bench ok 9th
5 I dnk about jv!
6 just win the game

1 got to play good defense
2 I have not called for AJ dismissal.
3 any lineup with tork batting above 7thh right now is not good
4 beaz should bat bench ok 9th
5 I dnk about jv!
6 just win the game
Problem is you can only have 1 player bat 9th. We have several candidates. The C's probably deserve that spot more.

I really want to start seeing our hitters be more aggressive in hitters counts. Trying to get walks as a priority is idiotic.

Seen a lot of the old timers complaining about these uniforms, but I think they're sharp as hell

AJ apparently doesn't know that leftys actually hit Valdez better the last 2 years.

Mize needed that quick inning. 1 less inning from this bullpen. I don't trust anyone out of the pen currently.

Back