Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread September 1

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Don't know what you can glean from that sampling. Raburn does have a homerun against him. Just as long as he keeps the butter off his hands today...

Another win would be nice, Indians play their last game against the A's today.

Well at least that bum Ramon Santiago isn't in the lineup. I mean, he's been just awful for us lately. :(

I know, I know, lefty pitcher.

cmlfactor said:
Is Turner on a pitch count today, KC?

Hi cmlfactor, I didn't see anything from before and when posting the game thread. I would think maybe 90 pitches? sound right?
The other question I/we might have is how he is used going forward.
Innings count has to be around 150, so maybe he is used in relief to keep sharp, and/or one more start. That is all a guess on my part.

update: Mlive says JT won't be on a pitch count today.
DETROIT -- Jacob Turner, the club's top prospect, is set to make his second career start as the AL Central-leading Tigers close out a four-game series against the last-place Kansas City Royals.
Manager Jim Leyland said Turner will not be limited to a pitch count and his appearance will be dictated by Kansas City's success against him.
Turner, 20, was pulled after 96 pitches over 5 1/3 innings in a 5-1 loss to Los Angeles in his first career start on July 30.
"This is not some kind of experiment," Leyland said. "We're trying to win the game."
Jacob will square off against left-handed rookie counterpart Danny Duffy, who is closing in on his limit of 150 total innings.

Magglio Ordonez, who is 5-for-18 in his past five appearances since the club

johnny2x2x said:
Well at least that bum Ramon Santiago isn't in the lineup. I mean, he's been just awful for us lately. :(

I know, I know, lefty pitcher.

He's a switch hitter though. Not sure what his splits are but I trust him more in the IF and he's been hitting well of late.

Sounds about right. I assume he'll get another start the last week of the season if they wrap up the division early. (Man it would be nice to kick back and relax for 3 or 4 days.)

Santiago should be playing over Raburn.... Inge should not be playing at all..... I hope they both do well but your holding your breath every time a ball gets hit towards Mr. Hack at second base. With Inge all we can hope for is he will be within 2 feet of the ball on a swing...

Why not play Gullien.... Who cares if he has to bat right... He was activated today.. He is a much better fielder then Raburn...

I would prefer Santiago instead of Raburn as well but Raburn has been hitting a little better lately. He blows defensively though. Inge on the otherhand is just about useless. He would have to get on fire to finish the season above the Mendozan line. His glove isn't impressing anyone either. Too bad Raburn is such a defensive liability or we could put him at 3rd.

Hope JT either pitches a perfect game or has learned how to hold runners on. Can't stand seeing walks essentially turned into triples.

jdbaker1 said:
Hope JT either pitches a perfect game or has learned how to hold runners on. Can't stand seeing walks essentially turned into triples.

Well Vmart is not catching him this time.

MI_Thumb said:
jdbaker1 said:

Well Vmart is not catching him this time.

True, good start so far.

Back