Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread September 1

jdbaker1 said:
Anyone have stats for Tigers BA with runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs compared with the rest of the league?

With a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs the Tigers rank 13th out of 14th in the AL with a .771 OPS, ahead of only the Mariners.

However, they do rank 3rd in the AL with a .749 OPS with a runner on 3rd and 2 outs.

Geez in the time it takes me to take a whiz it's 2-0??? Farq...

Well, we knew the Tiger bats were going to have to work today if they were going to get the win. No reason they shouldn't be able to score of Duffy except for the fact that he pitches for the Royals and it is late in the season.

jdbaker1 said:
Thanks, I guess it just seems a lot worse.

I think a lot of us expect them to score in that situation, and the 48% of the time they don't, it is maddening. Happy to know all teams are pretty similar

ihatebadenglish said:
jdbaker1 said:
Thanks, I guess it just seems a lot worse.

I think a lot of us expect them to score in that situation, and the 48% of the time they don't, it is maddening. Happy to know all teams are pretty similar

But they aren't.

The Tigers have the 13th OPS in that situation, the White Sox who are 11th have an OPS .62 points higher.

Turner 32 pitches,

royals pitcher 36 pitches,

2 - 0 through 2 innings,

f'n francour.

I just noticed we brought up Rhymes as well as Guillen.....now with Raburn, poor little Santiago will never get to play.

mjsb2 said:
But they aren't.

The Tigers have the 13th OPS in that situation, the White Sox who are 11th have an OPS .62 points higher.

The score the runner on third with less than two outs 52% of the time. That is the MLB average. Who cares if they score him by a home run, a fielder's choice, or a bases loaded walk?

Yet another below average pitcher for the Royals keeping the Tigers off the boards early.

Gameday shows Turner throwing 4 or 5 pitches. Curve, Change, Cutter, and both 2 and 4 seam fastballs. How's the cutter look?

johnny2x2x said:
Gameday shows Turner throwing 4 or 5 pitches. Curve, Change, Cutter, and both 2 and 4 seam fastballs. How's the cutter look?

I thought Rod said it was at 88 with some movement left to right to a lefty batter.

Back