Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who do/should Pistons draft?

tigersofjustice

It sounds increasingly likely it is going to be McCollum.

I would love it if somehow Burke, Oladipo or even McLemore slid to them but that seems unlikely. Definitely prefer McCollum to Carter-Williams. Caldwell-Pope wouldn't be a bad option either.

I think the Pistons should take anyone who falls out of McLemore, Noel, Oladipo, Porter, Bennett, Len, and Burke.

If none of those guys fall, then I would look at McCollum, Muhammed, and Caldwell-Pope. McCollum worries me because we've failed to transition other tweeners to PG (Stuckey, Knight) and he would be really undersized at the 2. Muhammed and Pope are two sides of a coin that I would flip on draft day. Both have size (Muhammed could legitimately play the 3), both bring different skills to the table. Pope is a better creator, Muhammed a better finisher. Pope took more threes, but Muhammed was better off the catch. Each one presents some fixes and some remaining holes.

1- Burke- Will be a good PG and the Pistons need it, will excite the fanbase.
2- Oladipo- A forward which we need very badly, explosive and athletic.

Thats who I want, if the forwards and Burke are taken I might be tempted to take Muhamed. I just hope they don't Take carter williams from Syracuse that dude is gonna bust hard I think. He has no shot and we need to stretch the floor with Monroe and Drummond penciled in.

Mccollum or burke if they like knight at 2. Caldwell-pope or muhammad if they want knight at 1 or resign calderon which seems doubtful.

Way to fuck up detroit. I no longer support joe dumars and will not go to a pistons game this year. Yeah, I'm pissed.

From a marketing standpoint, this team could have just made a killing by drafting Burke. From a basketball standpoint, he was definitely the best available, unlikely to fall to them and there at 8. These guys are complete idiots for passing on Burke.

I haven't gone to a Pistons game in 5 years.

I would have gone to a couple this year just to see Trey play.

Does Utah come to town this year? :no:

My true hope for this pick by the Pistons is that it blows up horribly for them. Caldwell-Pope stinks to such a level that they have excellent chances at winning the 2014 draft lottery. Then that they win said lottery and draft Wiggins.

pretty weak ball handler. joe always thinks he is smarter that everyone else. the guy can shoot like no one's business but may not translate at next level

Last edited:
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope: "I was kind of hoping that I was going -- not kind of hoping, but I thought Minnesota was going to get the pick."

Fire Dumars today.

We missed out on this draft when we went on a winning tear the last 2 weeks.
While burke would have been a better marketing choice...neither guy makes this team better. We just missed picking the steal of the draft in back 2 back years....Mclemore would have made a difference.

We missed out on this draft when we went on a winning tear the last 2 weeks.
While burke would have been a better marketing choice...neither guy makes this team better. We just missed picking the steal of the draft in back 2 back years....Mclemore would have made a difference.

I disagree that Trey would not have made a difference. He will ball. Hes got that special something that will not allow him to fail.

I'm just totally perplexed that Dumars can pick Knight and pass Burke. It makes no sense for him either. Burke is a safe pick. No one will hang him for that pick, no matter what. Now hes pissed off the fanbase.

I like the Tony Mitchell pick. Great great second round value. Only marginally makes up for completely blowing the first round pick.

Last edited:
the college National Player of the Year falls into Dumars lap, which is also a position of extreme need (Knight is no point guard) and he fucks it up.

i hope this move ends his tenure as GM of the Pistons.

you suck Dumars!

I disagree that Trey would not have made a difference. He will ball. Hes got that special something that will not allow him to fail.

I'm just totally perplexed that Dumars can pick Knight and pass Burke. It makes no sense for him either. Burke is a safe pick. No one will hang him for that pick, no matter what. Now hes pissed off the fanbase.

i just don't think burke will end up being much better than knight. If they wanted to move knight to the 2 I thought burke would have been a good choice. the fact we picked a back up sf over burke im assuming means they want to keep knight at pg. cause kentavious really is nothing more than a back up sf in this league.

whereas mclemore would have been leeps n bounds better than any other sf on our current roster....hes the guy we needed to fall.

Last edited:
Back