Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who do/should Pistons draft?

i just don't think burke will end up being much better than knight. If they wanted to move knight to the 2 I thought burke would have been a good choice. the fact we picked a back up sf over burke im assuming means they want to keep knight at pg. cause kentavious really is nothing more than a back up sf in this league.

whereas mclemore would have been leeps n bounds better than any other sf on our current roster....hes the guy we needed to fall.

Both Pope and McLemore will play SG, not SF, although they could both defend a SF.

Yeah I thought for a minute that McLemore would drop right in our lap. Damn those wins at the end of the year,

We missed out on this draft when we went on a winning tear the last 2 weeks.
While burke would have been a better marketing choice...neither guy makes this team better. We just missed picking the steal of the draft in back 2 back years....Mclemore would have made a difference.

I agree on Mclemore but he was gone. Burke would have the better pick by far. We will have better defense but won't score crap with the 2nd rounders. Oh well, Dumars is smarter than everyone else, again.

I don't know how anyone can watch Knight play and think the Pistons are set at PG. That makes no sense.

I don't know how anyone can watch Knight play and think the Pistons are set at PG. That makes no sense.

If we really thought Knight was the answer at point guard we wouldn't have been fucking around with Calderon. This pick baffles me even after thinking about it for 24 hours.

Maybe it's not that they had confidence in Knight but that they lacked confidence in Burke.

Looks like Josh Smith is the target right now, and I've read they want to bring back Calderon as well.

Calderon, knight, smith, Monroe, Drummond = no mans land picking at like 10-15 (being generous) next year...yay. Got a REALLY rich draft next year....you got to make your way into the top 7 if you want a difference maker.

Last edited:
Calderon, knight, smith, Monroe, Drummond = no mans land picking at like 10-15 (being generous) next year...yay. Got a REALLY rich draft next year....you got to make your way into the top 7 if you want a difference maker.

It's inevitable. If they pick 1-5 Joe D is gone. Joe D ain't gonna let that happen!! Detroit will fight for an 8 seed and probably not make it, costing Joe his job anyways and setting back the Pistons even further.

Last edited:
It's inevitable. If they pick 1-5 Joe D is gone. Joe D ain't gonna let that happen!! Detroit will fight for an 8 seed and probably not make it, costing Joe his job anyways and setting back the Pistons even further.

I want to punch Joe in the face right now. Passing on Burke, now they are talking about him giving up Monroe for Rondo coming back off injury. Also rumors about trading for Gay.

Wow, Joe D is an idiot.

Don't call him an idot for things that haven't happened. Rumors are rumors.

Still think we should have picked Burke, but i'm not as mad as before and actually think Tony mitchell might be able to contribute and be a steal for us. Pope could end up being a good pick too. Got to see before I make judgement now.

Caldwell-pope was the best fit for what the pistons have right now. If you want to compete, you have to have some type of defense and shooting on the wing. Burke wasn't going to bring that at all.

The smart GMs are gearing up for next years draft. Our GM is fighting for a 1st round exit. Joe D is an idiot.

Burke was the pick... He would have made the Pistons alot better... I hope Pope turns out for JD but I have my doubts.. Frustrating pick...

I want to punch Joe in the face right now. Passing on Burke, now they are talking about him giving up Monroe for Rondo coming back off injury. Also rumors about trading for Gay.

Wow, Joe D is an idiot.

Agreed WTF?

That shows Joe doesn't know what he's doing right there.

Why the hell would you want to break up Drummond and Monroe before we actually got to see how they played together?

Especially with Rondo coming off a serious injury. AND with Burke landing right in his lap.

I think the guy is so in over his head, he's going the opposite route of what Pistons fans think, just to prove in his own mind, he knows what he's doing.

Kinda sucks because I really liked Joe Dumars for what he did as a player for the Pistons, and he had a huge part in building a title contending team here for a few years, but it is really looking like it won't be a good ending for Joe and the Pistons.

Last edited:
Back