Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jehovah's Witnesses

Michchamp

so... I mentioned in that other thread (can't find it now) that there's a Kingdom Hall down the street from our house.

I didn't really see any of those freaks around much though, so I figured they were just being good neighbors and not proselytizing around here in their own back yard and pissing off the people who would readily go and vandalize their clubhouse if they become annoying.

But the other day, this goofy-looking, weird fucker holding pamphlets walked up to us in the alley behind our house while we were going for a walk. I figured out who he was and avoided eye contact, and put my hand up when he tried to say something. he was REALLY awkward and weird looking... short sleeve button down shirt, clip on tie, messy hair plastered to his head, thick glasses...

twice since then, the guy has come up to my wife while she's walking with our son in the stroller and tried to hand her some literature.

the first time he really freaked her out, waving his pamphlets at her and saying something about "the word" or something like that (she knows nothing about Jehovah's Witnesses). I explained they're mostly harmless (right?) and just to tell them to stay off our property or we'll call the police. Not sure how else to handle them.

I also explained that religion FUCKING SUCKS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jehovah Witnesses are a fucked up religion. I don't even call them religious..they're certainly not Christian.

Last edited:
They stopped at my place a few days ago. Older guy and younger guy...teenage maybe.

Jehovah Witnesses are a fucked up religion. I don't even call them religious..they're certainly not Christian.

And this is the problem with religion and religious people. You don't understand theirs and have no problem attacking it. Yet I have seen you cry like a baby when people talk about yours.

Someday maybe you'll realize that it's not about 1 real religion and a dozen little messed up ones, it's that they all are little messed up ones, depending on who's point of view it is, but in the meantime, please continue to slaughter each other over the idea of it.

And this is the problem with religion and religious people. You don't understand theirs and have no problem attacking it. Yet I have seen you cry like a baby when people talk about yours.

Someday maybe you'll realize that it's not about 1 real religion and a dozen little messed up ones, it's that they all are little messed up ones, depending on who's point of view it is, but in the meantime, please continue to slaughter each other over the idea of it.

They're not religious people. I'm attacking that they're not religious. It's like saying Miggy is a football player. That's right..

And no one is crying..

they're all fucked up, it's just that some are more established. Islam is the most fucked up though

They're not religious people. I'm attacking that they're not religious. It's like saying Miggy is a football player. That's right..

And no one is crying..

Who the fuck are you to say who's religious and who's not. You're making my point for me perfectly.

Maybe you should re-convene the Inquisition, so you can get to the bottom of this once and for all, a few beheadings or burnings at the stake should fix everything right?

they're all fucked up, it's just that some are more established. Islam is the most fucked up though

Semantics. It's like Ted Bundy calling Jeffery Dahmer insane.

Semantics. It's like Ted Bundy calling Jeffery Dahmer insane.

Ted Bundy was okay. Sure, he didn't wanna boink his wife and he had a kind of a crummy job as a shoe salesman, but I think it's a little bit of a stretch to compare him to Jeffrey Dahmer.

That actor plays a much cooler character on Modern Family though.

Ted Bundy was okay. Sure, he didn't wanna boink his wife and he had a kind of a crummy job as a shoe salesman, but I think it's a little bit of a stretch to compare him to Jeffrey Dahmer.

That actor plays a much cooler character on Modern Family though.

not sure about that last part. sure now he plays a guy who has more money, and has Sofia Vergara, but MAN, Ted Bundy could deliver those zingers and comebacks like nobody's business.

Who the fuck are you to say who's religious and who's not. You're making my point for me perfectly.

Maybe you should re-convene the Inquisition, so you can get to the bottom of this once and for all, a few beheadings or burnings at the stake should fix everything right?

They're a cult dude..

Disagree. Islam is almost the exact same as Christianity, but modern Christians have abandoned the fucked up part of their religion. Islam has not.

Mormonism is the most fucked up, followed by Scientology. Mormons may be okay people, but their religion is easily proven to be false. Scientology is even easier to disprove.

They're a cult dude..

And Catholics aren't?

I don't think you know the first thing about them to be honest. you claim they are not "christians" yet they believe the same things that you do as far as jesus goes.

Disagree. Islam is almost the exact same as Christianity, but modern Christians have abandoned the fucked up part of their religion. Islam has not.

Exactly, the holy bible is just as bloodsoaked a book as the holy quaran, the only difference is the timeline.

And Catholics aren't?

I don't think you know the first thing about them to be honest. you claim they are not "christians" yet they believe the same things that you do as far as jesus goes.

No they don't..

You seem to be worked up a bit over this I'd take a break if I were you.

Cool. Now I'm a cult member.

Let's see.

A group run by a central figurehead. Said group must obey the rules of the figurehead and his council. Said group has control over your 'soul', so do as they say and everything will be fine, disobey and you will burn in hell. Same penalty for leaving said group.

Sounds a lot like a cult to me.

Back