Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Beer!

deathroh

Enjoying a few Oberons while I finish up my group project in the class I'm taking this summer. My teammates are deadbeats so I don't feel bad about enjoying myself a little bit while I do all the work!

Now this is a thread I can get behind!

I normally drink Natural Light (read: not Natty Ice), but tonight I'm drinking St. Pauli Girl as a customer dropped off a 12 pack as a tip.

DR said:
Enjoying a few Oberons while I finish up my group project in the class I'm taking this summer. My teammates are deadbeats so I don't feel bad about enjoying myself a little bit while I do all the work!

Whew. Finished it, and it's actually pretty decent.

Not the beer...that's great, but I'm not done yet!

I've never drank any kind of beer other than the common names and cheap 40 oz'ers. Bud light, Miller light, coors, King Cobra etc... ughh high school parties, king cobra's mixed with sparks..hyper vipers. Those were the days lol Ever had a Steele Reserve? .....don't

Beez said:
I've never drank any kind of beer other than the common names and cheap 40 oz'ers. Bud light, Miller light, coors, King Cobra etc... ughh high school parties, king cobra's mixed with sparks..hyper vipers. Those were the days lol Ever had a Steele Reserve? .....don't

I was going to say the same about Shlitz, brings back some bad memories.

Move on to Stella, or Honey Moon.

Yeah dude...some of the shit I drank back then I probably couldnt stomach anymore. King Cobra is like drinking cleaning solution.

Beez said:
Yeah dude...some of the shit I drank back then I probably couldnt stomach anymore. King Cobra is like drinking cleaning solution.

It was cheap and easy to get. I dint even think they cared we were underage as long as we were moving it off the shelf.

Blue is my favorite beer

Beez, I've had 211 Steel Reserve. That stuff is pretty strong

amajjd said:
Blue is my favorite beer

Beez, I've had 211 Steel Reserve. That stuff is pretty strong

Yeah. it probably melts or rusts your insides. lol

i love to drink whatever various microbrews i can find, especially bells' beers. i also have started brewing my beer, the last one i did was a russian imperial stout.

really ill try most beers as long as they're not lagers or porters. i especially love dark ales and any kind of stout.

Spockmaster said:
i love to drink whatever various microbrews i can find, especially bells' beers. i also have started brewing my beer, the last one i did was a russian imperial stout.

really ill try most beers as long as they're not lagers or porters. i especially love dark ales and any kind of stout.

A brewery in Toledo, OH called Maumee Bay Brew Co makes a great RIS, its seasonal in the winter.

amajjd said:
Spockmaster said:

A brewery in Toledo, OH called Maumee Bay Brew Co makes a great RIS, its seasonal in the winter.
i dont know if ive ever seen that brewery sold around here, ill take a look next time im out. weve got tons of bells, founders, new holland, shorts, etc.

Spockmaster said:
amajjd said:
i dont know if ive ever seen that brewery sold around here, ill take a look next time im out. weve got tons of bells, founders, new holland, shorts, etc.

Its only sold at the brewery. Its from the makers of buckeye beer but that beer isn't that good, its a lager that is in-between bud light and bud.

Bells has good beer. I also like a lot of Rouge beers. I had a chipotle ale at Slow's after the Tigers game last week that was pretty good.
Sierra Nevada also has some good beers, my sister lived in Chico so I got to go to that brewery when I was visiting her.

amajjd said:
Spockmaster said:

I live in Toledo.

Beez said:
amajjd said:

I live in Toledo.

So do I

They have some good beers down there if you are into that type of thing. I know when I was in college in the early 2000's they had $5 pitchers on Thursday's

Back