Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Buy or Sell: 2011 Season

mojolio

This is how it works:

1. Post a scenario that will bring up discussion about the upcoming Lions football season or the NFL season in general.
2. Reply with "Buy" if you think it will happen or "Sell" if you don't. Be sure to give reason as to why so there is discussion.
3. In the same post, you have to make a new Buy or Sell scenario of your own for people to reply to and we go from there.

I'll start us off.

Buy or Sell, Jahvid Best gets at least four 50+ yard runs.

Sell. Not with this current tackle situation. If you had said plays of 50+ yards or more to include receiving, it might be a small possibility.

Stafford throws 25+ TDs this season

Buy, only injuries and/or poor line play will get in his way. 25 is pretty low if he plays a full season. The talent at the playmaker positions is obvious and staff has the skill to exploit their advantages.

Buy or Sell. Avril has 10+ sacks.

mhughes0021 said:
Buy, only injuries and/or poor line play will get in his way. 25 is pretty low if he plays a full season. The talent at the playmaker positions is obvious and staff has the skill to exploit their advantages.

Buy. Had 8.5 or 9 last season in 13 games. I'd say 10+ is right. IDK how 25 is low btw lol.

Delmas will make the Pro Bowl.

Eddie said:
mhughes0021 said:

Buy. Had 8.5 or 9 last season in 13 games. I'd say 10+ is right. IDK how 25 is low btw lol.

Delmas will make the Pro Bowl.

2 a game is 32! and i dont see us turning into that power running team that can run the ball 3 times inside the 10 yd line and score. Detroit should score a lot of points this year and a majority of its going to be from the passing game.

Sell on Delmas making the pro bowl. His name wont get the votes and although hes been a solid tackler early in his career he hasnt been this ed reed type ballhawk that gets a lot of ints or PDs. I dont even think hed beat out the safeties in our own division. In that case Nick Collins probably gets the nod.

Buy or Sell...Spievey holds the starting Safety position all year.

Buy, sounds like he's much improved over last year, Schwartz has been very high on Spievey in training camp so far. Another year in this defense to learn the position and I think he's gonna be better than average.

Buy or sell Tulloch with 165 tackles this season?

Sell. Thats a high number and I'm not sure he plays 3 downs here. Even if he does you have Delmas, Levy and Durant to compete with for tackles. I think around 140 will be his number.

Buy or sell Top 10 offense and top 15 defense?

Sell. I think both will be Top 15. The offense is still too young to be a top 10, but the potential is certainly there, especially barring injuries.

Buy or Sell, Pettigrew has a pro bowl year.

detroit1811 said:
Sell. Thats a high number and I'm not sure he plays 3 downs here. Even if he does you have Delmas, Levy and Durant to compete with for tackles. I think around 140 will be his number.

Sell on top 10 offesne , they still wont run the ball well enough/

Buy on the top 10 defense....

Buy or Sell Pettigrew 60 catches and 800 yards over/under

slick said:
detroit1811 said:

Sell on top 10 offesne , they still wont run the ball well enough/

Buy on the top 10 defense....

Buy or Sell Pettigrew 60 catches and 800 yards over/under

Sell Although he had 71 catches for just over 700 yds last year i just dont see how all these guys are going to put up huge number especially with Titus hopefully taking more catches away than BJ did. Not taking anything away from Pettigrew...im just hoping we dont need to throw to him as an outlet as much as we did last year. 60 catches sounds about right but i dont think he tops the 800 yds.

Buy/Sell Best gets 1000 yds rushing.

Sell. He's now splitting some of his carries and that line gets no push. Maybe if I was running sweeps in Madden he'd have a shot.

D-line has 50+ sacks this season.

Sell. The Steelers led the league with 48 sacks last year. No way our D-Line alone tops 50 sacks. Now as a team could we hit 50? Its possible, but I'd say no to that too.

Buy or sell, Eric Wright has a bound back season and plays like he did in 2009.

detroit1811 said:
Sell. The Steelers led the league with 48 sacks last year. No way our D-Line alone tops 50 sacks. Now as a team could we hit 50? Its possible, but I'd say no to that too.

buy. he's playing for his big payday. what's going to be asked of him, he should do quite well.

buy or sell....titus young 50 catches

fedexgooch78 said:
detroit1811 said:

buy. he's playing for his big payday. what's going to be asked of him, he should do quite well.

buy or sell....titus young 50 catches
Sell. I don't think he will make a huge impact in the offense this year. He'll make some big plays though.

Buy or Sell, Lions sweep the Bears.

Buy or Sell, Lions sweep the Bears.

Buy, With the depletion of the bears o Line and our upgrades along the front 7, Cutler will be unable to perform in Martz 7 step drop system and the games become a low scoring defensive struggle that we come out on top of 2 times.

Buy or Sell: Stafford starts 16 games?

Sell... the Lions line seems like it needed big improvements from last year and with the injury bug going around it may not be much better this year. I would love to see what that kid could do behind a good line but he seems like hes always a hit away from messing up a shoulder. I was a big Stafford doubter coming out of college but from what I've seen I'm buying into him as a franchise guy.

Buy or sell Calvin 80 rec, 1200 yards and 10 tds

Beez said:
Sell... the Lions line seems like it needed big improvements from last year and with the injury bug going around it may not be much better this year. I would love to see what that kid could do behind a good line but he seems like hes always a hit away from messing up a shoulder. I was a big Stafford doubter coming out of college but from what I've seen I'm buying into him as a franchise guy.

I'll buy the touchdowns, but not the receptions. Either way, he's a stud.

Buy or sell.....Titus Young better or the same as the D. Williams hype?

iamthetutor said:
Beez said:

Buy....Titus can actually catch

Buy or Sell more wins Lions or Bills

slick said:
iamthetutor said:

I'm buying the Lions TRIPLING them up on wins

buy or sell....cam newton 2500 yds passing

fedexgooch78 said:
slick said:

I'm buying the Lions TRIPLING them up on wins

buy or sell....cam newton 2500 yds passing

Is Verlander an Ace yet ?

Back