Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Buy or Sell: 2011 Season

fedexgooch78 said:
slick said:
Buy....Titus can actually catch

Buy or Sell more wins Lions or Bills

I'm buying the Lions TRIPLING them up on wins

buy or sell....cam newton 2500 yds passing

I'm selling. I think Sanchez is a better passer than Newton and he fell short of 2500.

Buy or Sell. Lions win Thanksgiving at home vs. the Pack.

Sell - Lions lose that game

Buy or Sell - Lions pick top 15 next year

I thought these were lions buy/sells...are we taking it to the entire NFL now?

Eddie said:
fedexgooch78 said:
I'm buying the Lions TRIPLING them up on wins

buy or sell....cam newton 2500 yds passing

I'm selling. I think Sanchez is a better passer than Newton and he fell short of 2500.

I think the Jets offense based on the run prevents him from getting 2500, plus i think sanchez sucks. the panthers are going to be behind a ton, and chudzinski likes to throw the ball some. he's got a shot for 2500 if he plays all the way through.

Beez said:
I thought these were lions buy/sells...are we taking it to the entire NFL now?
nah I mentioned in the OP that we can discuss Lions or the NFL in general.

slick said:

Sell. I just don't see it happening. The way they ended strong last season. A top 15 pick would be an utter failure for this team in my book, and I think Mayhew/Schwartz would agree.

Buy or Sell, Fairley plays the entire season WITHOUT issues regarding his work ethic, etc..

fedexgooch78 said:
Eddie said:

I think the Jets offense based on the run prevents him from getting 2500, plus i think sanchez sucks. the panthers are going to be behind a ton, and chudzinski likes to throw the ball some. he's got a shot for 2500 if he plays all the way through.

I think Sanchez sucks too, but Newton is an idiot. He doesn't throw that accurately and he doesn't know play calls well. He used to just say, "1" or "2' for play calls. He did no line audibles either. A shortened offseason didn't do him any favors. I don't think they'll be as behind as you think. They have a lot of talent on that roster. They have a solid o-line as well. The three headed monster of Williams, Stewart, and Goodson will get a lot of carrries.

mojo said:
slick said:

Sell. I just don't see it happening. The way they ended strong last season. A top 15 pick would be an utter failure for this team in my book, and I think Mayhew/Schwartz would agree.

Buy or Sell, Fairley plays the entire season WITHOUT issues regarding his work ethic, etc..

BUY BUY BUY...he couldnt have gone to a better team for this imo. He has to live up to playing with Suh and his success last year, and will be motivated nby a top Dline with some veteran leadership. I think he'll challenge himself and I know the guys on that line will make sure he's working. I thought this kid was a cancer and he'd be a terrible pick for a bad team that was high in the draft, unless it was Detroit.

Buy or Sell Philly getting 12 wins.

Eddie said:
fedexgooch78 said:

I think Sanchez sucks too, but Newton is an idiot. He doesn't throw that accurately and he doesn't know play calls well. He used to just say, "1" or "2' for play calls. He did no line audibles either. A shortened offseason didn't do him any favors. I don't think they'll be as behind as you think. They have a lot of talent on that roster. They have a solid o-line as well. The three headed monster of Williams, Stewart, and Goodson will get a lot of carrries.

LOL...you know I live in Charlotte, right? you don't need to tell me about the team. I work security at the home games. I wasn't happy with the pick of Newton, and I think he'll be a failure. But they'll force him out there. We'll see what happens. I like some of the guys on the team. Work out occasionally with Jordan Gross. These guys deserve better than what Richardson did to them last year.

fedexgooch78 said:
Eddie said:

LOL...you know I live in Charlotte, right? you don't need to tell me about the team. I work security at the home games. I wasn't happy with the pick of Newton, and I think he'll be a failure. But they'll force him out there. We'll see what happens. I like some of the guys on the team. Work out occasionally with Jordan Gross. These guys deserve better than what Richardson did to them last year.

Ohh lol, never knew you lived in Charlotte. Well like you said, I guess we'll see what happens.

fedexgooch78 said:
Eddie said:

I lived in Charlotte for a little while. Great city.

Beez said:
mojo said:

BUY BUY BUY...he couldnt have gone to a better team for this imo. He has to live up to playing with Suh and his success last year, and will be motivated nby a top Dline with some veteran leadership. I think he'll challenge himself and I know the guys on that line will make sure he's working. I thought this kid was a cancer and he'd be a terrible pick for a bad team that was high in the draft, unless it was Detroit.

Buy or Sell Philly getting 12 wins.

Sell.

Buy or Sell Detroit top 10 Defense.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]][quote author=beez board=general thread=171 post=3027 time=1312685974]

We were 19th with a 3 pont per game seperation from being 10th. With the additons we made I am buying.

Buy or Sell we have a positive +/- give/takaways.

schles192 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]][quote author=beez board=general thread=171 post=3027 time=1312685974]

We were 19th with a 3 pont per game seperation from being 10th. With the additons we made I am buying.

Buy or Sell we have a positive +/- give/takaways.

Buy. IIRC, we were positive last year... Ashlee Palmer, while while not playing much led the way with 5 FF.

Buy or Sell? Calvin Johnson has 15 Touchdowns.

Sell on Calvin snagging 15 td's, def has the potential but we have too many other weapons... I expect pettigrew to have a huge year if stafford stays healthy though...

Buy or sell, Mikel Leshoure rushes for 8+ td's this year.

sell... I give him 9-11...

buy/sell Cam Newton as ROY... if not than who is your pick?

Beez said:
sell... I give him 9-11...

buy/sell Cam Newton as ROY... if not than who is your pick?

Sellll. He's going to struggle. MY pick would have to be either Julio Jones or Mark Ingram. Those 2 are being thrown into great situations, they're going to play major roles in helping their teams win.

Buy or Sell, Bengals take the 0-16 crown from the Lions.

Sell...Cinci has NFC West, Buffalo, Denver and two vs Cleveland on their schedule.

Buy or Sell -- MNF vs. Bears, blowout W for Det.

DetRisin said:
Sell...Cinci has NFC West, Buffalo, Denver and two vs Cleveland on their schedule.

Buy or Sell -- MNF vs. Bears, blowout W for Det.

Sell...I think we beat the Bears but I think a blowout win is asking too much. I'm hoping for an all time classic that brings us some primetime games for years to come.

Buy or sell Eric Wright holds down the starting cb spot for the entire year?

Back