Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

favorite fast food

staegrac

Just went to Blue Coast Burrito and...wow that place is amazing for a FF burrito place

Its between Taco Cabanna and Whataburger. Both of which I dont have with a few 100 miles of me. : (

For me, nothing beats a Chic-Fil-A chicken sandwhich. Wish they would move north - I get them when I am in Atlanta all the time. :*)

KAWDUP said:
For me, nothing beats a Chic-Fil-A chicken sandwhich. Wish they would move north - I get them when I am in Atlanta all the time. :*)

We have chick fil a in toledo.

Beez said:
KAWDUP said:

We have chick fil a in toledo.

I guess I did hear that one. Pretty far to go, even living in Saline for fast food. :*)

Just surprised its this far north and not in Mich I guess. Ever tried to goole it? Maybe theres a hidden gem near you. If Harold and Kumar did all that for white castle, you could surely spare a few miles for premium chick-fil-A.

I also like Schlotzski's Deli, the Turkey Original on Jalepeno cheese bread

staegrac said:
I also like Schlotzski's Deli, the Turkey Original on Jalepeno cheese bread

Passed it 983 times but never tried it.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Culver's is great. Burgers, Custard, and that Fried Chicken

The Culver's that is located nearby me, use to have their butterburgers for sale @ ~a dollar every Tuesday, and I looked forward to getting a half-dozen for my wife and I to eat them for a couple of days. At first it was only during the summer months, but last year, they had them on sale @ that low price for the entire year....
laugh.png

Then about two months ago, and to my great dismay, they suddenly stopped offering their Tuesdays burger for a buck deal... :(

However, at least for the time being, we still are getting Culver's ad-inserts in our junk mail, on discounts for their other fast-food offerings about once a month or so... ::)

I like most of their fast-food, but really don't like the onions that they use, so I always ask them to remove them from the food that usually includes them, and I try to avoid buying soft-drinks, unless I am not going to eat the food at home, like I usually do (soft drinks are waaay overpriced at all restaurants, of course) and sometimes not getting their decent fries as well. I also usually have a package of cheese slices at home to put in their sandwiches, b/c getting just a slice of cheese on each adds over a quarter to their price, which is too ridiculously high, IMO....
tongue.png

What is wrong with you people!!! HALO BURGER!!!!!!!!!! HALO BURGER!!!!!!!! HALO BURGER!!!!!!!

Beez said:
Just surprised its this far north and not in Mich I guess. Ever tried to goole it? Maybe theres a hidden gem near you. If Harold and Kumar did all that for white castle, you could surely spare a few miles for premium chick-fil-A.

OK - I did that. Toledo is the closest one. 44 Miles. Not too bad for a weekend. Maybe I will try it.

There is a move on to get some in Michigan - even a blog where you can sign up to try and get one in your area, but nothing concrete yet.

Another favorite is Jersey Mikes - Can't get those in China, like you can Subway, but their number are growing all the time. :*)

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]What is wrong with you people!!! HALO BURGER!!!!!!!!!! HALO BURGER!!!!!!!! HALO BURGER!!!!!!!

Never heard of it. But i bet Mondo Burger is better.

Only Halo Burger I remember was off the freeway on the way to Frankenmuth.

MichChamp02 said:
Jack-in-the-Box, Pancheros & Sonic.

Only had Jack in the box twice. (Both times while I was in TX) It was terrible both times. I wanted it to be good so bad after seeing commercials all the time and not having one aorund here. Im not one to be harsh on fast food quality but it was bad.

KAWDUP said:
Beez said:

OK - I did that. Toledo is the closest one. 44 Miles. Not too bad for a weekend. Maybe I will try it.

There is a move on to get some in Michigan - even a blog where you can sign up to try and get one in your area, but nothing concrete yet.

Another favorite is Jersey Mikes - Can't get those in China, like you can Subway, but their number are growing all the time. :*)

On 97.1 they were talking about it the other day and said there's on on EMU's campus. At least I think it was EMU. Of course they might be full of it.

Back