Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Texas A&M to SEC

onbrick247

ESPN Reports A&M to SEC. To prepare for the transition they will start signing 30-35 recruits a year.

I don not see the Big 12 making it much longer maybe another 3-5 years. They have lost 3 teams in the last 2 years.

If the big 12 does dissolve where does Texas and Oklahoma go?

wow. i wonder how long it will be before kansas, k-state, mizoo will be knocking on the Big 10 door

I just wonder if Texas would try being independent. The Longhorn Network would be an issue for any conference they considered joining expect the Big East.

I would love to have Mizzou and Kansas in Big Ten. Mizzou just seems like a good over all fit and Kansas versus Michigan State would be a hell of a yearly basketball match up.

The sports radio guys that I listen too were saying that in the end there will be four superconfrences that will include all the major teams. Each will have a playoff system that will result in a conference champion. This will produce four champions that will be in contention for the NC. Something along those lines. If things go this way, it is looking like the superconferences are shaping up to be the B10, SEC, PAC10, and ACC? or Big East?

I am hoping Oklahoma joins big 10 only makes sense since Nebraska Did. And im hoping Texas would follow Ok.

But if that did happen not sure We would see many Big10 championships anymore

silverbullet97 said:
I just wonder if Texas would try being independent. The Longhorn Network would be an issue for any conference they considered joining expect the Big East.

I would love to have Mizzou and Kansas in Big Ten. Mizzou just seems like a good over all fit and Kansas versus Michigan State would be a hell of a yearly basketball match up.

hey, welcome to the new board!

The big 12 and pac 10 should have merged when they were talking about it last year. Its inevitable...college football will have 4 mega conferences in less than 5 years. Get it over with already...

If we could add OK, Kansas, Mizzou and K state it would be a good upgrade in both football and basketball. My dream 4 would be Ok, Kansas Cuse and Louisville to broaden the fan base a bit. However I doubt Cuse would ever leave the BE.

mhughes0021 said:
The big 12 and pac 10 should have merged when they were talking about it last year. Its inevitable...college football will have 4 mega conferences in less than 5 years. Get it over with already...

that would really make football into the haves versus the have nots. with expanded conferences, there would be fewer non-conference games. I wonder if some smaller programs would fold altogether without the paydays from playing bigger programs?

there are 66 teams among the BCS conferences + ND, Army, & Navy, which creates some odd numbers.

wheels002 said:
If we could add OK, Kansas, Mizzou and K state it would be a good upgrade in both football and basketball. My dream 4 would be Ok, Kansas Cuse and Louisville to broaden the fan base a bit. However I doubt Cuse would ever leave the BE.

Id rather focus on going east...teams like Pittsburgh and Rutgers would be intriguing. Getting the NY market interested in the Big 10 could be a good thing.

silverbullet97 said:

That's my best guess ...go Indy. Hell, Texas has talked about seceding from the Union for years. UT is, I believe, the wealthiest AD with UM in close proximity along with Ohio*.

MichChamp02 said:
silverbullet97 said:

hey, welcome to the new board!
Thanks. It looks like this board has a good number of people already. Impressive.

bigvic said:
silverbullet97 said:

That's my best guess ...go Indy. Hell, Texas has talked about seceding from the Union for years. UT is, I believe, the wealthiest AD with UM in close proximity along with Ohio*.

Yeah, I am pretty sure Mack Brown is the highest paid HC in the nation. $6 million/yr I think.

And Mizzou coming out saying 'No' to the SEC after the A&M announcement and rumors about Fla St, Climpson & Misery.....

Mizzou is way more BigTen than it is SEC and even as B12 school, ranked much higher academically (Nebraska, ahem) than most other schools (besides Baylor, Texas and Colorado P12) and seems to make sense geographically ...the Illinois neutral site game recently illustrates it too.

hmm i cant find the article i read today thought the link i posted was it but that was a old one

Back