Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Texas A&M to SEC

Ya ive been hopen we would take Texas and oklahoma would keep the Texas vs Oklahoma rivalry goen.

I read somewhere where the big 10 was going to let Texas keep their own network or something. someone else posted the same thing in the tiger thread.

I was more concerned with OK/NEB rivalry. And GT has the academics just in case they were invited.

wlvrnstlr4life said:
I was more concerned with OK/NEB rivalry. And GT has the academics just in case they were invited.

That's old school Big-8 thinking right there, oranges thrown onto the artificial turf at each respective stadium. But the "Red River ...Rivalry (not shootout) is pretty big -- the B10 would love it!

I caouldnt remember which one was bigger the OK vs Neb or OK vs Texas.

I dont remember the Big 8, when was the big 12 known as the big 8?

Im 25 i remember getting real big into following college sports probably when i was 14. before that i only knew of michigan.

The Big 12 is only like 15 years old. It's all your young brain knows. ;) I guess you guys never heard of the Southwest Conference?

ok makes sense wasnt paying attention to college football as a whole yet.

nope southwest conference doesnt ring a bell.

i only know the conferences as they were couple years ago before all the movement began.

2mzxru9.jpg

I find this entire thing to be somewhat comical. The way I see it, A&M is to Texas as Sparty is to UM. They're little brother, and they're running away from big brother because they know they can't compete.

As far as possible additions to the conference, I would love to see Texas and OU, but the headache the Longhorn Network would cause may be a major put-off for the league. Kansas obviously would bring a lot to basketball, but outside of that they don't offer much. Texas and OU both have solid basketball programs and are perennial powers in baseball. Nothing needs to be said about what they'd bring to football. I know the logistics aren't favorable, especially on their end, but that doesn't seem to be much of a concern anymore...it's all about the money, and those two would bring the most.

So thinking if your Texas A&M and the Sec votes today against joining their conference how do you go back to the Big12 espcially after the Big12 told Texas A&M that they arent needed.

So if the Sec doesnt let them in do they go to the Pac 12 and ask them about joining their conference? I'm not sure if Big10 will allow them in.

I read somewhere, where the big 12 will be looking to expand if Texas A&M leaves?

Who do you guys would be interested in joining the big 12 im not sure any team would be.

bavarianinnman said:
So thinking if your Texas A&M and the Sec votes today against joining their conference how do you go back to the Big12 espcially after the Big12 told Texas A&M that they arent needed.

So if the Sec doesnt let them in do they go to the Pac 12 and ask them about joining their conference? I'm not sure if Big10 will allow them in.

If I were A&M I would have wanted an assurance that I would be accepted before it got to this point. I would think that the presidents have been having conversations for a while now and given their opinions to the SEC leadership who conveyed them to A&M.

im purty sure thats how it went got consenses from all partys of sec. but today is the final vote.

bavarianinnman said:
I read somewhere, where the big 12 will be looking to expand if Texas A&M leaves?

Who do you guys would be interested in joining the big 12 im not sure any team would be.

It would have to be teams from a mid-major. I'm sure Boise would jump at the chance since they got screwed in the latest conference switch.

bavarianinnman said:
im thinking Boise should join the pac 12 im sure they would allow them in.

That would be a better fit, then the PAC12 would need another to go to 14.

hmm only teams left I think pac 12 would be interested in would be Boise and TCU. Unless they went after the likes of a Texas and or Oklahoma.

am i the only person that thinks this realignment is bad? I mean, i like that Nebraska is now a part of the B1G. I also like having 12 teams and the conference championship. What I don't like is the idea of playing Texas, Oklahoma, and Ohio State all in one year. Oh yeah also the potential to have Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Penn State thrown in there. I mean, seriously could you imagine that schedule?

ya it would be rough michigan probably wouldnt ever see another undefeated season or a national championship.

But then if there was a undefeated teams coming from the 4 super conferences then there would be no fighting over who the best team is.

bavarianinnman said:
ya it would be rough michigan probably wouldnt ever see another undefeated season or a national championship.

But then if there was a undefeated teams coming from the 4 super conferences then there would be no fighting over who the best team is.

of course. i would hope they'd have a system of makiing sure someone doesn't play the top tier teams every year.

Back