Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Texas A&M to SEC

Playing better competition is always better. Might suck now because Michigan has been not so good under Rich Rod but I'd love to play OSU, Texas, Oklahoma, PSU and Nebraska in the same year. Obviously you wouldn't play them every year but a conference with those teams would be pretty damn awesome.

would be nice top games everyweek. but i think i would be content with a 9-3 8-4 seasons if we played the likes of:
Ohio state
Texas
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Wisconsin
penn state
Michigan State
and notre dame

every year.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]am i the only person that thinks this realignment is bad? I mean, i like that Nebraska is now a part of the B1G. I also like having 12 teams and the conference championship. What I don't like is the idea of playing Texas, Oklahoma, and Ohio State all in one year. Oh yeah also the potential to have Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Penn State thrown in there. I mean, seriously could you imagine that schedule?
Well I think it will eventually lead to a playoff system, which a large number of fans have wanted for some time.

I'm pretty neutral on the subject. Personally I like the idea of every game having significance on a teams future, even the cupcakes. Along with the awesome rivalries, and the elegance and tradition of the bowl games.

If this all happened, which it isn't right now(A&M denied), I think the days of the undefeated team would be over or close to it. It would be so hard to go undefeated. And like someone else said, a 9-3 or 8-4 season would be great. There would hardly be any rest games where you played(starters) maybe 2 or 3 qtrs and sat the 4th. It would be a grind and guys would feel it more than they already do.

It seems like A&M had a conditional invite that depended on getting a positive reception from another major player.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
bavarianinnman said:
ya it would be rough michigan probably wouldnt ever see another undefeated season or a national championship.

But then if there was a undefeated teams coming from the 4 super conferences then there would be no fighting over who the best team is.

of course. i would hope they'd have a system of makiing sure someone doesn't play the top tier teams every year.

There would then be enough teams per division in the big 10 that you only play the teams on your side of the league and then obviously the championship game. Rivalry games would be thrown out....theyd have to realign OSU into Michigans division id guess.

Could do a big 10 north and south with most of the original big 10 in the north and a lot of the teams youre talking about from the big 12, in the south.

for some reason i was thinking the Sec would deny them, unless they had another big team joining them and wasnt able to bring another big team.

Im not sure Sec would want to bring in Florida St from the acc Since the SEC already has Florida and Miami fl.

Must be pretty embarrassing for A&M right now. Where are they gonna go now? If your gonna leave, ya better be sure your horse is saddled partner. LOL

Yeah, they've got major egg on their face at this point. "Sorry guys, we were just kidding!"

aggies are a bunch of weirdos anyways. They're still talking about a 135,000 seat stadium

Back