Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Another transfer on the herizon (Edit: Its Stokes)

b311j

mspeedkills Speed Kills
Attrition: Looks like an offensive player will transfer, playing time was unforeseable given then new scheme & coaches.

mspeedkills Speed Kills
For those asking, the player transferring is not a freshman - this is in addition to the Tony Posada news.

b311j said:
mspeedkills Speed Kills
Attrition: Looks like an offensive player will transfer, playing time was unforeseable given then new scheme & coaches.

mspeedkills Speed Kills
For those asking, the player transferring is not a freshman - this is in addition to the Tony Posada news.

is this what ACe Williams was talking about? Man!! That guy is a genius!!

I'm guessing it's probably a slot WR. If it's not Gallon or Dileo - they know they're like 4th, 5th or worse on the depth chart.

guess it's an RB. I can't imagine a lack of PT being an issue for anyone else. The OL if anything needs depth... WRs will see more PT given Stonum's redshirt... and there has been talk of getting the ball to the TEs more.

I couldn't see Gardner transfer as the #2 QB, given the chance of injury & the fact that he's still younger than Denard and will earn PT eventually.

I think it's gotta be an RB, since all the offensive coaches have said they want to go back to having a #1 back get the lion's share of the carries. That means 20/game for one guy, and a half dozen for another. We have like 5 or 6 guys gunning for that?

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
I'm guessing it's probably a slot WR. If it's not Gallon or Dileo - they know they're like 4th, 5th or worse on the depth chart.

I assume it won't be a big blow, as you are probably right in that it is depth chart buried player. Plus this would open up another scholarship for 2012 yes?

MichChamp02 said:
guess it's an RB. I can't imagine a lack of PT being an issue for anyone else. The OL if anything needs depth... WRs will see more PT given Stonum's redshirt... and there has been talk of getting the ball to the TEs more.

I couldn't see Gardner transfer as the #2 QB, given the chance of injury & the fact that he's still younger than Denard and will earn PT eventually.

I think it's gotta be an RB, since all the offensive coaches have said they want to go back to having a #1 back get the lion's share of the carries. That means 20/game for one guy, and a half dozen for another. We have like 5 or 6 guys gunning for that?

I wouldn't think it's a RB because while there are a lot of them - there is no sealed up spot and the coaches continue to say that. WR, however, had guys like Rountree, Odoms, Hemmingway, Gallon and Dileo that seem to have already sealed up spots - and Stonum when he returns. My guess it's one of those "midgets" that RR recruited - like a Jerold Robinson - that are just never going to play but were pretty highly recruited out of HS.

b311j said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:

I assume it won't be a big blow, as you are probably right in that it is depth chart buried player. Plus this would open up another scholarship for 2012 yes?

Yeah and that can be a good thing or a bad thing to "open up another spot".

Funny that everyone who listed WR's left out Stokes. Guess this makes sense

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
MichChamp02 said:

I wouldn't think it's a RB because while there are a lot of them - there is no sealed up spot and the coaches continue to say that. WR, however, had guys like Rountree, Odoms, Hemmingway, Gallon and Dileo that seem to have already sealed up spots - and Stonum when he returns. My guess it's one of those "midgets" that RR recruited - like a Jerold Robinson - that are just never going to play but were pretty highly recruited out of HS.

I didn't think Jerald Robinson was that small? Isn't he at least 6'?

Yup, it's Je'Ron Stokes, Mgoblog, rivals and 97.1 have confirmed it. I guess it does make sense, he has two years left of eligibility and is somewhere in the 2nd to 3rd string and probably never would have gained a starting spot. But all it takes is 1 injury to get out there....doesn't make sense to me to start all over somewhere else.

Yeah. I was just going to say something about Stonum. IF he can be on the field next year, this makes it great that Hoke and Co decided to redshirt him. How fortuitous...

as for Jeron?

MF HOKE RAN HIM OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!! He did it to make room for his players!!!

I wouldn't want to take that bet, but he didn't get much love from the previous coaching staff either.

Hungry said:
Yeah. I was just going to say something about Stonum. IF he can be on the field next year, this makes it great that Hoke and Co decided to redshirt him. How fortuitous...

as for Jeron?

MF HOKE RAN HIM OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!! He did it to make room for his players!!!

Maybe if this was a Dileo type that comment might hold some truth - but given Stokes was a pretty highly recruited WR with decent height and weight I doubt that Hoke wanted to lose a player like that at a thinning position.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
Hungry said:

as for Jeron?

Maybe if this was a Dileo type that comment might hold some truth - but given Stokes was a pretty highly recruited WR with decent height and weight I doubt that Hoke wanted to lose a player like that at a thinning position.

Yeah, Hungry, you're wrong, just wrong.

Jerald Robinson (6'1", 206lb) is a midget while Stokes (6', 193lb) has decent heigh and weight.

Did Gerry Dinardo hack into your account?

Back