Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2015 schedule

Lions secondary did well when the QB wasn't pressured last year. Our secondary can play well. Slay's development and Quin's healthy were huge.

It's true, really we have question marks across the board as a team, but even the teams we play against (barring maybe GB) all have question marks of their own. And it's not even a good thing or a bad thing it just is what it is.

Lions have no question marks and are deep.

GB has a ton of questions on defense. Dline, ILB and secondary.

Last edited:
Lions have no question marks and are deep.

GB has a ton of questions on defense. Dline, ILB and secondary.

Winning four straight division championships answers a lot of questions.

Winning four straight division championships answers a lot of questions.

Not with defense. They were knocked out once they faced a good defense.

Lions were the better team in 2014.

GB were very healthy last year, every team was hurt in 2013. 2-5-1 without Rodgers.

That team is all QB.

Not with defense. They were knocked out once they faced a good defense.

Lions were the better team in 2014.

GB were very healthy last year, every team was hurt in 2013. 2-5-1 without Rodgers.

That team is all QB.

That's my point, a good QB answers a lot of question marks. I feel a trigger coming on.

That's my point, a good QB answers a lot of question marks. I feel a trigger coming on.

Rodgers is a great QB (avoiding the trigger here) but LKP is right on that one little point. That team is all QB.

Flynn can play over a small stretch in that offense, but not over the long haul. It's a very QB needy team.

BUT, it's also a good enough team that if Rodgers isn't knocked out early in the year, it doesn't matter. They can pile up a winning record early, go 2-2 over the last 4, and still win the division... and they have done it.

The fact is, we're not going to be able to beat the Packers out by hoping for a QB injury. And we aren't ready to dethrone them yet either. It's their division to lose.

Rodgers is a great QB (avoiding the trigger here) but LKP is right on that one little point. That team is all QB.

Flynn can play over a small stretch in that offense, but not over the long haul. It's a very QB needy team.

BUT, it's also a good enough team that if Rodgers isn't knocked out early in the year, it doesn't matter. They can pile up a winning record early, go 2-2 over the last 4, and still win the division... and they have done it.

The fact is, we're not going to be able to beat the Packers out by hoping for a QB injury. And we aren't ready to dethrone them yet either. It's their division to lose.

Packers 2013 record wouldn't have won the division any other year. 2-5-1 without Rodgers. It's a garbage team without him.

Lions have the better roster. We've beat them in 2013 and 2014 now at Ford Field. Expecting a Lions win at Ford Field is what you should be doing.

And we are coming off the bye to play at Lambeau. Extra prep will be huge.

Last edited:
I think the O line will be somewhat improved. I'm hopeful that the offense at large takes a step forward in year 2.

The D worries me. If we don't get the pressure with the front four our CBs will be exposed as not being as good as we thought they were.

Really hard to guess at a record this time of year. 8-10 wins should be possible though.

The Lions had really good coverage grades and ratings even when we didn't get pressure last year. They proved they can cover without pressure.

Slay... another year older for a young player usually translates into good things. CBs tend to really start to blossom in that 3rd year.

Mathis... another year older for an aging veteran does not usually translate into good things. CBs tend to lose effectiveness after age 30, and he's 4 years passed that mark.

Quinn... what a great player. Lead the league in picks last year. But let's be real, he caught a lot of erratically thrown passes. Without that pressure up front, he's not going to have as many opportunities this year.

Ihedigbo... Will he even show up for camp? Probably. He wants to get paid, he's not going to give up his checks. But he's missing time already, he's getting older, that's usually a recipe for a hammy problem.

They may have played well last year, but don't think there was a single snap, pressure or not, when that D-Line didn't drive the tempo of the secondary and open the opportunities.

When a QB gets' sacked three times, and hit about 6, he starts seeing ghosts. Even when the pressure isn't there, he's feeling it, and he's getting rid of the ball quicker.

If we can't find a way to put that kind of pressure on the QB this season, don't expect that secondary to look half as good.

Back