Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 MLB Draft Casey Mize # 1 Draft Pick

The Tigers announced signing of six players from recent draft:
4th rd: CF Kingston Liniak
7th CF Eric De La Rosa
10th CF Brock Deatherage
20th SS Kelvin Smith
21st 3B John Valente
35th RHP Chavez Fernander

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2018/6...-casey-mize-alvaro-gonzalez-pedro-martinez-jr
MLB Draft 2018: Third round pick Kody Clemens is on fire.
No one in college baseball has been hotter over the past month.
BYBTB

It's a bit weird seeing this kid when I remember seeing him as a little boy. I remember him at an all star game he attended with his Dad and presser once or twice.

I like the fact he has spent a few years in college so hopefully he gets brought up quickly.

That's what I gather as well. But if he can play like him I might look past that.

I agree 100%. He's 6'0" and 185 lb second basemen with pop in his bat. I don't know how his defense is but I'm thinking Ian Kinsler :clap:

I agree 100%. He's 6'0" and 185 lb second basemen with pop in his bat. I don't know how his defense is but I'm thinking Ian Kinsler :clap:

Defense isn't all that great, but can probably be improved. I like the bat, arrogant prick and all. Like father like son. Hope he signs and moves fast.

Defense isn't all that great, but can probably be improved. I like the bat, arrogant prick and all. Like father like son. Hope he signs and moves fast.

I generally think the defense you have at a young age is pretty much what you have.

Tigers 2018 Top 10 #MLBDraft Picks
Rd. 1: Mize - Unsigned
Rd. 2: Meadows - Unsigned
Rd. 3: Clemens - Unsigned
Rd. 4: Liniak (Signed)
Rd. 5: Wolf (Signed)
Rd. 6: Smith (Signed)
Rd. 7: De La Rosa (Signed)
Rd. 8: Burks (Signed)
Rd. 9: Skubal (Signed)
Rd. 10: Deatherage (Signed)

Back