Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2019 Major League Playoffs and World Series

Michigan rooting for the Yankees, weird. Though against the Twins I could see it I guess but no way I ever root for NYY.

Michigan rooting for the Yankees, weird. Though against the Twins I could see it I guess but no way I ever root for NYY.

There isn't a player on the yankees I like. Ever since, when was it...August of 2017 with the Miggy and backup catcher fight and they all piled on him punching him in his back and throat, I hate the yankees. fk em all.
Unlike years ago, Mantle, Whitey, and Yogi, an later Jeter.

There isn't a player on the yankees I like. Ever since, when was it...August of 2017 with the Miggy and backup catcher fight and they all piled on him punching him in his back and throat, I hate the yankees. fk em all.
Unlike years ago, Mantle, Whitey, and Yogi, an later Jeter.

I remember that. Just chicken sheet players.

Michigan rooting for the Yankees is the biggest crock of shit Twitter data I’ve ever heard

Once the Brewers lost/gagged in the WC game I basically checked out and am watching at a glance. I’m rooting for the Braves I guess. Wouldn’t mind Twins Astros or Nats either. Really anyone but the Yankees or Dodgers, Cardinals too I suppose.

Michigan rooting for the Yankees is the biggest crock of shit Twitter data I?ve ever heard

I think a lot of people from Michigan liked the Yankees because of Jeter. I couldn't stand him. Screw Jeter and the Yankees.

Maybe down by Kalamazoo. Screw the Yankees. If they never win another title that will be good for baseball!

I just can?t watch baseball if my team isn?t in it. Playoff baseball is fun when you have a team in it. I will check in in the WS. I sure hope the dodgers and Yankees keep choking !

Last edited:
lol @ twins getting swept by the yankees again. 6 ALDS losses, 1 ALCS, and 1 WC game in the post-20th century, mostly by having the bitter misfortune of drawing the yanks almost every time for a record of 2-16, except for the a's in the '06 ALDS, who also swept them...and winning only 1 ALDS in '02 vs the a's 3 games to 2, for a postseason record of 6 wins and 25 losses ...just absolutely pathetic!!

Good job of repping the AL Central, ya turds!! The Tigers might not have won a WS, but they defeated the yanks in every postseason series that that they played them.(as well as the a's)

Last edited:
lol @ twins getting swept by the yankees again. 6 ALDS losses, 1 ALCS, and 1 WC game in the post-20th century, mostly by having the bitter misfortune of drawing the yanks almost every time for a record of 2-16, except for the a's in the '06 ALDS, who also swept them...and winning only 1 ALDS in '02 vs the a's 3 games to 2, for a postseason record of 6 wins and 25 losses ...just absolutely pathetic!!

Good job of repping the AL Central, ya turds!! The Tigers might not have won a WS, but they defeated the yanks in every postseason series that that they played them.(as well as the a's)

Tigers are the only team to beat the yankees 3 consecutive playoff meetings/years.

The Twins did exactly what we should have expected. The AL Central may have been the worst division in the history of baseball. As a division, they had a -338 run differential when competing with teams outside of the AL Central. No other division in baseball had a negative run differential outside of their own division. The Twins and Indians records were significantly inflated because they were able to play 57 games vs the Tigers, KC, and White Sox.

Never mind that s*it ... did you see McCarver roll the ball to the plate for the Cardinal’s first pitch in G3? Avila signed him to a minor league contract.

All I want is the Dodgers to lose a third-straight WS to a third-different team. That has never happened, so I guess, by default, I am rooting for the Yankees. But I do not garble the hate that others here have for them. That is reserved for Boston.

Playoff Teams' Record Against less than .500 teams

MIN 69-24 (93 games) .742 WPCT
HOU 72-27 (99 games) .727 WPCT
LAD 61-24 (85 games) .718 WPCT
**CLE 68-30 (98 games) .694 WPCT
NYY 60-27 (87 games) .690 WPCT
WSN 45-21 (66 games) .682 WPCT
ATL 45-22 (67 games) .672 WPCT
TBR 58-31 (89 games) .652 WPCT
STL 49-29 (78 games) .628 WPCT
OAK 62-38 (100 games) .620 WPCT
MIL 41-33 (74 games) .554 WPCT

Last edited:
I can’t wait till Tigers are back in the playoffs in 2025-ish or sooner !

Back