Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

Lions will get a 3rd, 5th and 6th comp pick

Lions lost one net late pick for Benson. 5th and 7th but got a 2023 6th

Also Denver might not have cut him

Let's see if he can play first before we fully bash this

Last edited:
SMH, this is quite a spin, we gave up a ton for a practice squad guy and we did it before roster cuts were final, this was just an awful move IMO.

And the sample size was 8 catches for 80 yards in the preseason for Benson. When we could have waited and gotten Keke Coutee for nothing and he had 33 catches for 400 yards in the NFl last season. Travis Fulgham was cut by the Eagles, he had 38 catches for 539 yards last year. Instead we traded 2 picks for a guy who hasn't played in the NFL before and couldn't make the roster of the Broncos.

Not sure trading a 5th and 7th.....while getting back a WR and a 6th is "giving up a ton".

Especially for a guy that might be able to add some explosiveness to the offense.

Man reading this lions thread is depressing. So you guys are saying there is zero chance of the Lions going from Worst to first ?

My Honolulu blue and silver Kool-Aid glasses says in the alternate universe the lions will go
10-7 !

Yeah I know. Not a chance.

Last edited:
With how young this team is, I?m hoping we at least see flashes of success. The defense is going to be bad, and depending on how ineffective the offense is, they could be worn down regularly.

I wouldn?t be surprised to see some great first halves followed by terrible second halves.

I just hope they?re at least watchable.

With how young this team is, I?m hoping we at least see flashes of success. The defense is going to be bad, and depending on how ineffective the offense is, they could be worn down regularly.

I wouldn?t be surprised to see some great first halves followed by terrible second halves.

I just hope they?re at least watchable.

This is what I think also. Teams that have a bright future will at least show GLIMPSES of being able to play at a higher level here and there. That is what I hope to see this season.

Okudah
Walker
Oruwariye
Sewell
Penisini
J. Okwara
Levi
McNeil
Swift

I want to see improvement from our core of young guys.....especially Okudah and Swift.

It won't take us to the playoffs if they do (unless the improvement is substantial)......but it will be a good sign of things to come in the next 2 years.

I have no faith in Goffs ability.....Williams (wr) to stay healthy........Flowers to be productive....Harris to do anything. I think those 4 will be the biggest flops in 2021.

This is what I think also. Teams that have a bright future will at least show GLIMPSES of being able to play at a higher level here and there. That is what I hope to see this season.

Okudah
Walker
Oruwariye
Sewell
Penisini
J. Okwara
Levi
McNeil
Swift

I want to see improvement from our core of young guys.....especially Okudah and Swift.

It won't take us to the playoffs if they do (unless the improvement is substantial)......but it will be a good sign of things to come in the next 2 years.

I have no faith in Goffs ability.....Williams (wr) to stay healthy........Flowers to be productive....Harris to do anything. I think those 4 will be the biggest flops in 2021.

Throw Barnes in there too.

Back