Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

21.25 per for Golladay here BTW. 9 per for Marvin Jones and 5.5 on one year for Amendola

6.5 per to get Okwara back per PFF

21 mill for Gollahurt? Lol. No one will give him that much. He's a fuckin' receiver.

21 mill for Gollahurt? Lol. No one will give him that much. He's a fuckin' receiver.

Cooper got 20 per last year. It can happen for a number 1 WR. That is the new price tag. Just like the new price tag is at least 35 per for QBs.

22 per for Godwin and 21 per for Allen Robinson there too

Last edited:
Cooper got 20 per last year. It can happen for a number 1 WR. That is the new price tag. Just like the new price tag is at least 35 per for QBs.

22 per for Godwin and 21 per for Allen Robinson there too
It's ridiculous plus Golliday missed most of the year because of a boo boo.

It's ridiculous plus Golliday missed most of the year because of a boo boo.

How do you know how bad it was?

Please provide proof with medical documents of his ailment

Franchise tag on Golladay - $16,020,000
Re-sign Okwara - 3 years - $21,000,000
Sign ILB Denzel Perryman - 2 years - $14,000,000
Sign DL Shelby Harris - 2 years - $12,000,000

We get to play GM. Sounds fun.

Trade Matt to Indy for a 1st and 3rd.
Sign one of these vets as long as it's less than $5M per year
Fitz, Dalton, Newton, Glennon or Winston. Even in Detroit, I think any of those players would like the opportunity to start.

Goodbye KG
sign 2 cheaper WRs, guys like Higgins and Kendrick Bourne. Just a few bodies.

Trade back from 7 and try to get a later 1st and a 2nd.

Look for defensive players and a WR with your two first round picks, your 2 seconds and 2 third rounders. If a QB is there that you REALLY like with one of your firsts, you take him.

Not sure I would dip my feet too deep into the defensive free agent market...just look for some decent players to fill out the roster. My goal would be to try to stockpile draft picks and build the team through the draft. My draft strategy would be to trade back early and often, each time moving back try to acquire future picks while moving back.

The goal, build a solid foundation on both sides of the ball before filling in the "glamour" positions. Looking at about a 3 year build.

I get to be GM, I trade all my top talent for multiple draft picks the next year and year after that. I hire the worst coach and get the worst FAs while having a bare minimum pay going out to the players. Do that for 2 straight years going 0-16 both years providing best draft talent team can get. Before year 3, I go for the best coach possible and best FAs possible, maximizing the benefit of having previously the bare minimum against the cap. Overloaded with cheap talent that is on rookie contracts coupled with the best FAs on the market, even if I have to overpay by a couple million for the top players that will take the team to the Super Bowl.

By year 4 or 5, should have a Lombardi trophy in hand.

If youre paying 18-20 mil for a #1 WR i dont think it should be Golladay. Allen Robinson might be the only guy that deserves that contract and im not sure id even give it to him because he's more of an outside possession WR...as opposed to a big play game breaker. Even guys like Godwin, Juju and Corey Davis id give 14 mil to before i gave it to Golladay. Honestly, i wouldnt give Golladay more than 12- 14 mil a year. Go get Nico Collins in rd 3 - 4 and youre basically getting the same guy.

Last edited:
Everyone assuming super easy to trade down

What happened to the son at one time it looked like he was going to be heir apparent.

Found this blurb in a Deshaun Watson trade rumor article.

Plausibility of trade: 5/10

Possible offer: QB Matthew Stafford, 2021 1st- (No. 7 overall), 2022 1st-, 2021 3rd-round pick

Stafford is still an above-average passer, and the Texans could always flip him later on if they enter a full rebuild. The Lions are likely going to look for a new quarterback in the next year or so, so Watson makes sense. However, their roster contains too many holes for the front office to sell the farm right now.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2...very-teams-chances-of-trading-for-the-star-qb

Thoughts on potentially trading Stafford + two 1sts and a 3rd for Watson?

Watson is under contract through 2025 with some hefty yearly cap hits, not sure what contract details could be worked out in a trade.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/deshaun-watson-21753/

10.5, 35, 37, 32, 32 would be Watsons cap hits barring restructure

67.1 in dead cap for Texans though if they trade him this offseason. Can't be done

Found this blurb in a Deshaun Watson trade rumor article.

Plausibility of trade: 5/10

Possible offer: QB Matthew Stafford, 2021 1st- (No. 7 overall), 2022 1st-, 2021 3rd-round pick

Stafford is still an above-average passer, and the Texans could always flip him later on if they enter a full rebuild. The Lions are likely going to look for a new quarterback in the next year or so, so Watson makes sense. However, their roster contains too many holes for the front office to sell the farm right now.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2...very-teams-chances-of-trading-for-the-star-qb

Thoughts on potentially trading Stafford + two 1sts and a 3rd for Watson?

Watson is under contract through 2025 with some hefty yearly cap hits, not sure what contract details could be worked out in a trade.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/deshaun-watson-21753/

he has a no trade clause, that he would surely use if they tried to ship him to Detroit

Only 5 picks. We should be focusing on how to get more picks... that said it's the lions so they will prioritize pissing picks away like they always do.

Back