Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

And they should have offered Prater whatever he asked for to stay. That is another glaring mistake. But maybe Prater didn't want to be in Detroit any more. That is understandable.

Last edited:
Depends how good Trinity is how this pans out. Denver might not have cut him. Ford was in contract year. Lions going younger and multiple year guys in Parker and and Jacobs and Ofi. Plus have the vet Nickel Robey Coleman on Ps. Lions lost one late pick really. 5th and 7th but gain a 6th. Plus they will be getting plenty of comp picks. Pretend they just used 2022 5th early on Benson and got a future 6th for a 7th. Already used 2022 4th early on Barnes really too

Last edited:
And they should have offered Prater whatever he asked for to stay. That is another glaring mistake. But maybe Prater didn't want to be in Detroit any more. That is understandable.

You don't pay a kicker big money in a rebuild.

I like that the Lions realize admit mistakes quickly and cut bait (Perriman, Bullock/Wright). They went with John Dorsey's guy in Seibert. We'll see what he can do. Missed FGS/XPs are acceptable in a rebuild year. Sneaky way to tank some

You don't pay a kicker big money in a rebuild.

I like that the Lions realize admit mistakes quickly and cut bait (Perriman, Bullock/Wright). They went with John Dorsey's guy in Seibert. We'll see what he can do. Missed FGS/XPs are acceptable in a rebuild year. Sneaky way to tank some

other "sneaky" ways to tank

have Goff as your starting QB
have a terrible group of WR
have terrible LBs
have a shitty pass rush

other "sneaky" ways to tank

have Goff as your starting QB
have a terrible group of WR
have terrible LBs
have a shitty pass rush

Did you happen to see our DT depth chart? lmao.

Brockers
Onzukizbabebebbebay
McNeil
Strong
Williams
The guy thats on IR all the time but had that 1 good play in his rookie year
Penisini

Man...Terrance Marshall in rd 2 sounds really good right now. We have like 8 DTs that in my opinion wont impact the pass rush that much. Marshall would be a 1k yard WR on this team.

I thought practice squad was only 5. Must be a new rule recently I missed.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/8/...ibility-pay-rules-changing-teams-what-to-know

?16 is the new maximum size for an NFL practice squad. Starting last year, the NFL upped the size from its original maximum of 10 players to 12 in accordance with the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. They later increased it to 16 for COVID purposes, and it seems like 16 will the number going forward.?

Did you happen to see our DT depth chart? lmao.

Brockers
Onzukizbabebebbebay
McNeil
Strong
Williams
The guy thats on IR all the time but had that 1 good play in his rookie year
Penisini

Man...Terrance Marshall in rd 2 sounds really good right now. We have like 8 DTs that in my opinion wont impact the pass rush that much. Marshall would be a 1k yard WR on this team.

McNeil, Onwuzurike, Williams, Hand and Brockers can all bring a pass rush and rotating strong pass rush too. Plus Williams and Hand are gone next year, Brockers probably plays 2 of 3 seasons so then you still have Levi and McNeil. They were long term picks too and don't have to worry about starting DT or NT in 2022 or 2023. Both signed through 2024. Levi and McNeil were drafted to be pass rushers from interior and be able to stop run.

We'll see how Onwuzurike and Marshalls careers pan out. Williams, Hock and St Brown could be 1,000 yard receivers/TE too. Lions will for sure draft another WR in 2022, maybe two early to pair with St. Brown. Or maybe one high draft and one FA plus St. Brown. Fixed pretty quickly next year. Olave from Ohio State, Garrett Wilson Ohio State, Metchie from Bama, Treylon Burks Arkansas, Drake London from USC, Romeo Doubs Nevada are the guys to watch this year

Weird you want the flash all of a sudden over the trenches. Its 2-3 year rebuild. WR is next year. Trenches and slot WR, developmental big CB, fast LB was this year. Did we find a nickel CB off the undrafted pile too, we'll see on all of them

Last edited:
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/8/...ibility-pay-rules-changing-teams-what-to-know

?16 is the new maximum size for an NFL practice squad. Starting last year, the NFL upped the size from its original maximum of 10 players to 12 in accordance with the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. They later increased it to 16 for COVID purposes, and it seems like 16 will the number going forward.?

Thank you very much. I did a bit of a search and found "In the 1993 collective bargaining agreement, practice squads were limited to five players."

Moved to ten in 2014. So I've been really out of the loop.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/9/2/22654094/meet-5-new-members-detroit-lions-practice-squad

Lions already changed out 4 PS players for players from other teams
QB Steve Montez. Athletic QB from Colorado on WFT last year. Athletic and can run with above average arm
CB Parnell Motley started season Bucs last year and bounced around
TE/HB Jared Pinkney
TE Shane Zylstra 6'5 and converted from WR at Vikings
DE Jessie Lemonier from the Chargers. had a good preseason. Was on team with Lynn last year

Hand and Boyle to IR. Will miss 3 weeks at least. Boyle more due to thumb surgery. Marlowe and Fells back on roster as expected

SMH, this is quite a spin, we gave up a ton for a practice squad guy and we did it before roster cuts were final, this was just an awful move IMO.

And the sample size was 8 catches for 80 yards in the preseason for Benson. When we could have waited and gotten Keke Coutee for nothing and he had 33 catches for 400 yards in the NFl last season. Travis Fulgham was cut by the Eagles, he had 38 catches for 539 yards last year. Instead we traded 2 picks for a guy who hasn't played in the NFL before and couldn't make the roster of the Broncos.

SMH, this is quite a spin, we gave up a ton for a practice squad guy and we did it before roster cuts were final, this was just an awful move IMO.

And the sample size was 8 catches for 80 yards in the preseason for Benson. When we could have waited and gotten Keke Coutee for nothing and he had 33 catches for 400 yards in the NFl last season. Travis Fulgham was cut by the Eagles, he had 38 catches for 539 yards last year. Instead we traded 2 picks for a guy who hasn't played in the NFL before and couldn't make the roster of the Broncos.

That WR depth chart in Denver...no way he was making the team. Wait 2 days he would have been free. Did you see Holmes talk about him. He literally said hes never heard of him then traded for him for 2 picks lol. wtf.....

I'm wondering if the problem in Lions management is due to water or air contamination.

No, I'm serious.

They have brought in some guys who previously lead teams to Super Bowls and won rings, then they come to Detroit and their brains misfire, repeatedly. And it is like within a few months after arriving.

All those issues with Flint's water...has anyone actually tested the water and air in the Lions buildings?

Last edited:
Back